The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Sorry to see you go...

Dr. Data you asked one question in our direct forums which had to do with pricing and billing. Our forum support here is not intended for that purpose because of the regional nature of pricing and promotions. I handle technical issues here related to service and connectivity to third party devices only. This is the reason you were referred to your local office.

Your other interaction in our forums you had a modem issue and based on your post back you were very happy with the service you received here so I'm perplexed by part of your review tonight.

Ref: »[Connectivity] Modem reboots multiple times daily

Needless to say we would love to have you back should you decide that Clear was not the clear choice. You will have a very difficult time with VOIP over Clear btw. I hope they told you that
DrData
Premium Member
join:2004-12-31
Longwood, FL

DrData

Premium Member

What's your deal? Honestly, I find is sad that you feel the need to try an discredit me, a former client and bash a competitor like Clear publicly while representing bright house.

The reboot issue was never fully resolved. I initially thought it was when they replaced the modem and was very happy about that as posted, but the issue came back a few days later. I actually found a bug in your modems that involves GRE and told your tech about it. Clearly nothing was done about it.

I have asked several questions over the years in the forums, and the new private forum.

VOIP works just fine. Outgoing was choppy from time-to-time with bright house and it's not with Clear.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by DrData:

What's your deal? Honestly, I find is sad that you feel the need to try an discredit me, a former client and bash a competitor like Clear publicly while representing bright house.

The reboot issue was never fully resolved. I initially thought it was when they replaced the modem and was very happy about that as posted, but the issue came back a few days later. I actually found a bug in your modems that involves GRE and told your tech about it. Clearly nothing was done about it.

I have asked several questions over the years in the forums, and the new private forum.

VOIP works just fine. Outgoing was choppy from time-to-time with bright house and it's not with Clear.

Dr. Data if you were still having problems your thread is/was always open to post back a status which unfortunately you didn't. I would have addressed any concerns you had immediately just like I did on your original request.

The reason I responded to your reviiew tonight is simply due to several conerns you raised that aren't exactly as you stated. Your post history is visible for everyone to see and you essentially said that we (I) did not help you when in fact I have helped you every time you reached out to me with an issue where I could be of assistance. In the one instance where I couldn't I referred you directly to the folks that could be of most assistance.

You have asked a total of two questions in our direct forums since they were opened both of which were addressed (one to your total satisfaction from our standpoint based on your respose and because you never once reported back continued issues). Your last and only public post in our forums in the last 180 days was on 6/21/12 when you posted an opinion of the service. Since it wasn't in the form of a question or request for assistance it was left alone for others to contribute to.

Our modems have no known issues with GRE as you called it nor would it be appropriate to tell your tech about it as it's likely he wouldn't know what you referring to as this is not his field of expertise. Technical concerns such as this should have been directed here where you have a resource in me that is more than willing and eager to assist you and since I work directly with our engineering folks it would have received immediate attention.

The issues with using Clear for VOIP is due to their inconsistent datarate inherent in their technology (you can't get around it). I did substantial testing on this product and you may have noticed they no longer offer their VOIP service for this very reason. You may not know this but when they initially rolled out their service in Florida it was an option. Latency, Jitter and very low QoS impacted the service greatly and it was discontinued. If by lucky chance you are having successful results using MagicJack over Clear I'm happy for you and wish nothing but the best. Should things change in that level of service and it doesn't work out by all means please let me know as we would love to have you back.

Wishing you all the best....
DrData
Premium Member
Longwood, FL

DrData

Premium Member

I was told to call in and that's what I posted in the review concerning the online support. Just because I had one good interaction doesn’t make up for the bad as you are trying to portray. Whom ever it was couldn’t take 2 minutes to help me out and that cost you a loyal client.

Clear has obviously improved since your testing in 2010.
DrData

DrData

Premium Member

I have edited the review to be more clear about the online support.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits

BHNtechXpert to DrData

Premium Member

to DrData
said by DrData:

I was told to call in and that's what I posted in the review concerning the online support. Just because I had one good interaction doesn’t make up for the bad as you are trying to portray. Whom ever it was couldn’t take 2 minutes to help me out and that cost you a loyal client.

Clear has obviously improved since your testing in 2010.

Clear can't fix the issues inherent in the technology (that being it's wireless) that are the primary reasons for its failure in VOIP for most people and certainly by the technical numbers if you look at them. Go to the following link and run that test...post back the SID you used for the test so I can review the results and share them with you. That will tell me everything I need to know and what you should know...primarily the MOS score.

»www.ispgeeks.com/wild/mo ··· VoipTest

As for the interaction issue with the rep why didn't you let me know this happened to you DrData? I have always responded to your concerns when I could help you. When have you ever see me turn down the concerns of our customers especially as it applies to the quality of service you receive....NEVER Dr. Data.

If you had a negative experience with one of our folks I want to know about it and I could and would have made sure that the situation was resolved to you satisfaction if at all possible BUT you didn't contact me...you made no attempt. You have my phone number, my email address and you certainly could have contacted me here. I am not exactly the hardest to person to get in touch with...quite the contrary in fact.

And let us not overlook the issue with your review of the support you have received here because honestly anyone can click on your profile and see all your posts Dr. Data. The facts clearly show otherwise. Anyway I have to run...will be looking for your reply with the SID you used for the test and I will post your entire test results here. The MOS score does not lie...and I seriously doubt you will score very high....I will be very happy for you if you do...but I'm not holding high hopes.

"Online direct support is so-so.. They are of no help with billing questions." (your newly edited review I guess)

Dr. Data our support here is not to replace CARE or Sales in your region. It's designed to assist with highly technical or service related issues or issues involving the interfacing of our products with third party devices. You were told that up front. We already have an ecare department that can assist as well if you want to use online services only. The link below will take you there...

»applications.brighthouse ··· hat.aspx
DrData
Premium Member
Longwood, FL

DrData

Premium Member

I use Clear at home and am very aware of the technology. I have made a recent review about them in the proper space. You're correct that latency and jitter are higher with wimax tech, but it's perfectly fine and within spec for VOIP usage. Latency runs about 70-80 ms and jitter runs 5-10 ms. I have tested it extensively and works great for me. I've also tested my bright house connection and jitter has exceeded 30+ at times. My brighthouse connection was also prone to packet loss!

My review here is not about Clear. You clearly have an issue with them and are trying to make Clear and their technology look inferior when in reality it's not, is a great alternative, and there really is no concernable difference.

I've been a member here since 2004 and am very aware how the site works and the post history. The fact is i posted a recent support request for help with pricing, and you guys were of no help as shown in my POST HISTORY of which the post can't be viewed by the public. That coupled with the price, dvr issues and modem reboots as outlined in my review.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by DrData:

I use Clear at home and am very aware of the technology. I have made a recent review about them in the proper space. You're correct that latency and jitter are higher with wimax tech, but it's perfectly fine and within spec for VOIP usage. Latency runs about 70-80 ms and jitter runs 5-10 ms. I have tested it extensively and works great for me. I've also tested my bright house connection and jitter has exceeded 30+ at times. My brighthouse connection was also prone to packet loss!

My review here is not about Clear. You clearly have an issue with them and are trying to make Clear and their technology look inferior when in reality it's not, is a great alternative, and there really is no concernable difference.

I've been a member here since 2004 and am very aware how the site works and the post history. The fact is i posted a recent support request for help with pricing, and you guys were of no help as shown in my POST HISTORY of which the post can't be viewed by the public. That coupled with the price, dvr issues and modem reboots as outlined in my review.

The fact is i posted a recent support request for help with pricing, and you guys were of no help as shown in my POST HISTORY of which the post can't be viewed by the public.

Sure it can. Take a screenshot of the entire thread and post it here for everyone to see that I did indeed respond to you and pointed you in the direction in which you needed to go because DSLR is not the appropriate venue for such questions. That way there can't be any doubt. You have raised several issues none of which were accurately portrayed and this is why you have modified your original post as reflected in the notes above.

While all reviews are appreciated good, bad or yes even ugly the expectation is that you will fairly represent the facts.