spc
uniqs
Xander
join:2012-04-12
London, KY

Xander to BlueArcher

to BlueArcher

Re: 24 Mbps package

Wow, Blue that's great...but a bit pricey compared to Google fiber which is 70 bucks for 1GB down and 1GB up.

Yea,I just don't understand Windstreams pricing... :\
Maar
join:2009-04-09
Story, AR

Maar

said by Xander:

Wow, Blue that's great...but a bit pricey compared to Google fiber which is 70 bucks for 1GB down and 1GB up.

Yea,I just don't understand Windstreams pricing... :\

For what it is worth. Google's speed is not 1 Gigabyte (GB) up and down. It is 1 Gigabit (Gb / Gbit) up and down. 1 Gbit is equal to 125 megabytes (MB) Still blazing fast, but only 1/8th of the speed most people think it is.
Expand your moderator at work

BlueArcher
Premium Member
join:2003-03-11
Lexington, KY

1 edit

BlueArcher to Xander

Premium Member

to Xander

Re: 24 Mbps package

Xander, While I agree with this to a point, it probably isn't a fair comparison since the product isn't available and when it is, it is only in two cities.

Plus Google makes boat loads of cash from ad revenue, so they don't have to care too much about whether they are in the red on this fiber deployment. Windstream's entire business is essentially telecom so they have to make money.

WS pricing still sucks for what it is though.

Also Maar is right, it is 1 Gb, not 1 GB, but that was probably an honest mistake. Every ISP and network hardware manufacturer rates throughput in bits, not bytes, so I don't think there is any confusion here.