spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

olympic2012y

@comcast.net

[Cable] Watch olympics on comcast but using a different user

Hello, I have comcast Blast which came with digital economy but I cannot watch the olympics live. My sister gave me her acct info but when I go to the olympics page it immediately says I need to upgrade my account when I choose comcast. How can I enter a different user account? I tried proxies but it will not let me select a provider. Does anyone have any tips?

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

Subscribe to digital starter for two weeks? That might be easier.

Expand your moderator at work

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to olympic2012y

Re: [Cable] Watch olympics on comcast but using a different user

Make sure to clear your browser cache and maybe try another browser as you may have your old Comcast info hidden somewhere in there which the site is picking up. Your Comcast info should work on ANY Comcast line anywhere in the country. It sometimes even works on non-Comcast lines.
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

said by FifthE1ement:

Make sure to clear your browser cache and maybe try another browser as you may have your old Comcast info hidden somewhere in there which the site is picking up. Your Comcast info should work on ANY Comcast line anywhere in the country. It sometimes even works on non-Comcast lines.

Yes, all good advice but the OP doesn't have digital starter (he has digital economy).

According to the comcast help and services site, digital starter is the minimum level of video service that is required for access to the online streaming.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

said by The Q:

said by FifthE1ement:

Yes, all good advice but the OP doesn't have digital starter (he has digital economy).

According to the comcast help and services site, digital starter is the minimum level of video service that is required for access to the online streaming.

Comcast can't tell which tier would have solely based on his internet connection. EG: I could login with my info at any house that has Comcast. Now they can tell if you try to use Comcast via another provider. He said his sister gave him her info, which I'm guessing has the correct access. Now either his old credentials are stuck in the browser or something he told us is wrong. So once he clears his cache and enters the account info that has the appropriate credentials it should work fine at his house.
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."