how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fenris

join:2012-07-28
Sarasota, FL

[Internet] Bradenton, Fl - slow internet speeds

I am not receiving the speed that I pay for which is the 20m plan internet only. After reading some of the explanations about way the various non-BH speedtests aren't reliable, I just have to laugh. As an IT professional, those explanations ring hollow. I have run the same tests at my work using the same tests, and get accurate results. I have also used enterprise level tools that we use to monitor our guarantied rates.

I had switched to BH from FIOS. Not because of internet problems, but because of problems with CS regarding tv upgrades. My speed tests with FIOS always matched what FIOS indicated.

However, the best test is actual downloads. Amazon prime tests speeds before sending with SD or HD. Even with all the other systems shutoff, most of time it has to send SD.

Both newsbinpro and altbiz newgroup agents show your download speeds. During most hours, the best speed that I get is 10m. Occasionally late at night, I can get close to my purchased rate. Mostly, I have to pause any downloads to use my VOIP.

I have an MTA, not the wireless router BH offers because I run my own domain within my house and I couldn't configure the post forwarding,dhcp and other functions that I use the way I wanted to do.

Even though I asked for a modem, 3 times BH sent a tech out with an MTA instead. I finally gave up and bought my own ( a DOCIS 3). However, then BH said that I had to have Lightning to use a DOCIS 3 even though all I wanted was to get the speed that I paid for which was the 20m. Why should I believe that paying more to purchase 40m would actually get me that speed, when paying for 20m only gets me 10?

Right now I'm considering going back to version. Even though it's more expensive and I had problems with the CS I received in the past, at least I got the rates I was paying for. And as I no longer use anything except for the internet service, I won't have to worry about CS.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
Please open a direct forums thread so I can take a look at things and get you on monitoring. We'll know real quick what is going on. I'll cross post the information here and obviously in the private forum.

fenris

join:2012-07-28
Sarasota, FL
reply to fenris
Opened in the private as directed.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to fenris
Thank you... the tests are running now....I'll post your data later on this afternoon.