spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RMerideth

@mchsi.com

[IA] Connection to Mediacom wireless Modem, no internet?

I have a wireless modem from Mediacom. I have a Toshiba Satellite, newer, Windows 07 laptop. I am able to connect to Century Link, Actiontec, all kinds of other wifi's etc in a second or less. With this mediacom it SAYS I'm connected but yet it takes 5-10 minutes to be able to actually get a website up. For example: Century Link modem, connected, pull up ANY website, BOOM I'm done. Mediacom modem, says connected, pull up ANY website, OMG RELOAD page. Someone help me please? The tech came and even changed my modem from Mediacom and said it has to be within my laptop. What I don't understand is if my laptop has no issues connecting to any other wireless service, why just Mediacom?

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
I'd call because it sounds like mediacom doesn't have your modem provisioned to their system. Try this. Turn off your computer, unplug the power cable on the back of the modem, wait one minute, reconnect the power cable on the back of the modem, give it time to reload/sinc, turn on your laptop, and see what you get. Question. Did you see/try your connection after the tech replaced the modem before he left?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
I will be happy to look into this issue for you. Can you send me a message with your account or phone number?