Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TuxRaiderPen

join:2009-09-19
reply to JohnInSJ

Re: Linux Servers Snared By Microsoft Patent Lasso

said by JohnInSJ:
Yep, the Linux Folks, and their various supporters thinks Microsoft is after them. I get that. I read it all the

But I get that it's important to have an enemy. Go Tux.

If you don't see ms as an enemy to Linux and Android, then, well thats unfortunate that you don't understand how this company operates. It has done the same, thing over and over and over and over.

This is 100% about entangling Linux in so much legal issues, or the potential that companies don't use it on their severs, and no OEM would touch it to put on their PC's, ummm, like Dell? Add in if you can't boot it, you can't install it or run it.

As for crapple, I think they should be sued for their tablet nonsense, and the same goes for Motorola, Samsung, LG and any other company that does the same be it idiot"OS" or Android. My hardware if I choose to do something that maybe the manufacturer doesn't like too bad! Its my hardware, I paid for it. If I want to put Android on the idiotpad, whats it to crapple? Loss of revenue from software, for one, but otherwise whats the issue? I do that I am not going to get support so I am on my own. It voids the warranty etc.... So whats this crapple or any other maker of a tablet? They got the money when I purchased the device.

ms is an enemy and if you don't see that, well that tells me a lot.
--
1311393600 - Back to Black.....Black....Black....

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
said by TuxRaiderPen:

said by JohnInSJ:
Yep, the Linux Folks, and their various supporters thinks Microsoft is after them. I get that. I read it all the

But I get that it's important to have an enemy. Go Tux.

This is 100% about entangling Linux in so much legal issues, or the potential that companies don't use it on their severs, and no OEM would touch it to put on their PC's, ummm, like Dell? Add in if you can't boot it, you can't install it or run it.

Well, let's see. The 80000000 pound gorilla would be the massive use of Linux by everyone on the internet. Amazon. Google. Facebook. Hey, aren't they in bed with some of these guys? Why yes, other than Google of course.

So again, who ISN'T using Linux on their servers? Oh, wait, that's right, EVERYONE is using Linux on their servers.

Seriously, you should worry less. MS is a nice boogeyman to trot out from time to time, just don't drink the koolaid too much!
--
My place : »www.schettino.us