Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dhensley0

join:2012-07-28
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

[Tampa] St Petersburg - Tivo Options in Signature Place

I will be moving into Signature Place tower in St Pete next week. As I understand it, the association fees include basic BH cable (80 channels). I'm assuming this is basic analog cable (with probably some clear QAM for broadcast channels).

I want to use my Tivo's. Does anyone know what my options are in this building? Can I just pay for a cable card & tuning adapter or will I be forced to upgrade to a digital pkg? If the later, any idea the cost?

Thanks in advance.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:139

You don't need a CC for channels below 99 just use the built in tuner.

dhensley0

Saint Petersburg, FL

Does this mean SD only?

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2

whats included is just the regular SD channels below 99 and a few clear qam hd (just local channels). As far as having to pay more for digital cable, im really not too sure how that would work being that your in a bulk community. to get the HD channels you would need the cable cards though.

janderso1
Jim
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-15
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to dhensley0

Without the digital package (less than $10 per month) the only HD you will get is the local broadcast. If you upgrade to the digital package you will need a cable card and tuning adapter for each Tivo (less than $3 per month for each Tivo).
--
Jim Anderson

dhensley0

Saint Petersburg, FL

Thanks...digital pkg with cc's it is.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:139

said by dhensley0:

Thanks...digital pkg with cc's it is.

Good choice... do you need some help with this or will you go it alone? You have your choice to either self install or engage me and I'll make it go nice and smooth
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~