kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to knowble

Re: DSLR guild (Silvermoon) is now level 23

We waited an hour and 15 minutes for a confirmed player, who didn't show. Then ran with 7, and 3 we picked up from looking for group stormwind. I called it after a couple of hours and 2 wipes on Deathwings spine.

We are scheduled to try again this next Wednesday at 5 PM server time, 8 PM eastern time.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to pandora

Well on board now. Making a pally clone for this server in order to run normal/heroics. Bought myself 4 netherweave bags and have a spare ~60g at level 12.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

said by Thaler:

Well on board now. Making a pally clone for this server in order to run normal/heroics. Bought myself 4 netherweave bags and have a spare ~60g at level 12.

Just so you know, it is guild policy to provide new players with 4 or 5 netherweave bags at no cost, 250 gold, and a complete set of glyphs at level 25.

Just ask.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

Hehe, just always been the self-providing type. But good to know!

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
reply to pandora

So, how many people do you all have in the DSLR guild? I am trying to figure out whether or not to stick with WoW or move on to GW2. We have like 4-5 people on Mal'Ganis who decided to team up, but I am not sure who will be playing or not. Will you guys be raiding and all that good stuff come MoP?
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jennjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (80 Goblin Priest) Mal'Ganis/Horde

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

1 edit

1 recommendation

there is no game better than WoW with great friends in a good guild.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI

Immer, I with you there. But hell, I hate it when there aren't a large group of competent and reliable people. I have two kids and a wife, and the military, but I can dedicate a few hours a week to being great and progressing. That is all I care about. Exploring the content, but the hard stuff, not just LFR.
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jennjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (80 Goblin Priest) Mal'Ganis/Horde

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to Ginjer

We have currently 6 reliable reasonably geared raiding toons. We need at least 2 more, then we will run 10 man non-heroics weekly.
--

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI

I may try a guy out on that server. I am still trying to see what Archivis, Krisnath, and Antonica plan on doing.

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA

said by Ginjer:

I may try a guy out on that server. I am still trying to see what Archivis, Krisnath, and Antonica plan on doing.

We need more people to join us Hordeside. I'm on daily in our Mal'ganis guild, and I am usually the only one on during the daytime. I play casual, but I usually knock out my BG dailies, LFR, and any Call to Arms Tanking that pops up. I have a 67 war that im leveling up, plus I maintain my other 85s Rogue, Hunter, Warlock, and DK. I could use a partner for Arena conquest point caps.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to pandora

Aww crap, we have a Horde one too?

Mr Fel
Premium
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·AT&T DSL Service

1 edit

No this is an older (pre-DSLR) guild, they had a fairly large thread going until the end of WotLK (or at least I think this is still the same Mal'Ganis guild). I don't know what happened to it, I just started playing WoW right before pandora See Profile started up DSLR, been with them ever since. So I quit the server I had been playing on (only a lvl 20 Tauren Warrior at that point, big woop) and started a fresh Spacegoat Warrior. By that time the thread had fallen off the first page and never made a comeback. The search feature is giving me a 503 screen right now, so whenever that starts working again I'll edit the link in; Edit: »Official Mal'Ganis Thread.

Talking about those times, another thread I miss was that great 3.3 Rogue thread, best place I had seen rogue info at the time. Did 4.0 really kill off the rogue population until the 4.3 legendaries? I remember McCrits or whatever his name had quit at the beginning of Cata. Edit: Found this one too »[ Classes] 3.3 Rogue.
--
Change the scheme, alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to Thaler

said by Thaler:

Aww crap, we have a Horde one too?

There are several guild masters here on dslreports, immer in particular. Assuming DSLR is complete on alliance one day (complete = max level and is able to regularly raid).

I'd be happy to assist or work on a horde DSLR guild based in the east coast. For the moment, my focus is the DSLR guild in Silvermoon.

I never imagined how much work it would be to level a guild. At the same time, some great people have come along, some on and off, but for the most part the guild has been enjoyable (aside from grinding to level).
--

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA

I'd help you if I could wrap my head around playing alliance. Just cant seem to do it. :P

prwillard2

join:2012-08-08
reply to pandora

So I see you're looking for some more raiders. What time do you guys raid at? Since I'll be returning for MoP I'd be interested in trying out with you guys. I've got raiding experience from BC and LK but was wondering what you needed.

Saw that you've got a bunch of tanks and 2 mages, but any other classes that you don't have many of or that don't raid? I'll be rerolling probably, so this could help with choosing a toon!

Thanks

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to Suniojii

said by Suniojii:

I'd help you if I could wrap my head around playing alliance. Just cant seem to do it. :P

No problem. We each have preferences. Personally, I'd be happy to join a horde guild, after this guild has leveled.
--

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to prwillard2

said by prwillard2:

So I see you're looking for some more raiders. What time do you guys raid at? Since I'll be returning for MoP I'd be interested in trying out with you guys. I've got raiding experience from BC and LK but was wondering what you needed.

Saw that you've got a bunch of tanks and 2 mages, but any other classes that you don't have many of or that don't raid? I'll be rerolling probably, so this could help with choosing a toon!

Thanks

We could use a main tank, who understands dragon soul or firelands 10 man. Currently we have one very well geared tank who understands cata raids amazingly well.

DPS is always needed, if anything our DPS is the weakest if we have our main tank.

Our healers are a druid who understands the raids very well, and my shaman. 4 of us, have run dragon soul in LFR a half dozen times, and have run 10 man dragon soul 3 times, and firelands 10 man 2 or 3 times. We are learning, but not entirely noob.

The other half of the raid, are sorta experts and are amazingly helpful.

We have been scheduling raids for 2-3 hours starting around 5 PM on Wednesdays (that is the current raid scheduled).

If we don't have 8, we still run, but it doesn't count as a guild run.

IMO the more people in the guild who understand these raids, the better it is for us all.

At the moment we reliably have 6 players who almost always show. The last few weeks, we had 7 out of 8 guild members run the scheduled raid. Last week, after waiting an hour for a no-show, another player who is raid capable logged on 10 minutes into the raid, and asked to join.
--

Mr Fel
Premium
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY

5 PM Pacific, 8PM Eastern Time.

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

said by Mr Fel:

5 PM Pacific, 8PM Eastern Time.

Whoops, yup, got me
--

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
reply to pandora

I am levelling a few toons, started a hunter and rogue this weekend.
Server seems a little more active than my other medium pop.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to pandora

Well, last night we managed to have five people jump on Skype. We then pugged five people and ran DS 10. Cleared the first four bosses and then one of the tanks DC'd, so we called it. But, it was fun. Just need more competent people on Mal'ganis, not that the server doesn't have those types of people, but more for the guild itself. We had Arch, Antonica, Kris, myself, and Energy on last night.
--

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

1 recommendation

reply to pandora

If anything ever goes sour with the guild that I am on now on Bleeding Hollow, I will server transfer my toons over to Silvermoon and play with you guys.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Suniojii

Yeah, basically our Horde guild is similar to the Alliance one. Our guild name is Aftershock. Antonica and Archivis are the leaders of it. Of course we started late into the Xpac, so we got the guild up to 8, simply off of questing and heroics. We never had the large portion of raiders to do DS, so we did the LFRs more. However, we are looking into recruiting some people for Mist, so we shall see how that goes.
--

prwillard2

join:2012-08-08

what times does the horde guild raid? I'm looking for an 8pm-11pm pacific time raid slot.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI

I spoke with Immer, and we both agree to leave the horde guild out of this threat so it can stay Silvermoon. I went ahead and made a different thread in case people have questions.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to pandora

I made a level 4 warlock (named happypuppy or sleepypuppy, reserved a few names, hehe) yesterday. Can I just ask anyone that's on to join the guild?

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

said by puppy:

I made a level 4 warlock (named happypuppy or sleepypuppy, reserved a few names, hehe) yesterday. Can I just ask anyone that's on to join the guild?

Most any guild member can invite new members. New members who aren't promoted to veteran (which requires an officer or the GM) are initiates and cannot themselves invite new guild members or take much gold (I think it's limited to 1 or 5 gold per day which is supposed to be used for repairs).

Most guild members become veterans either immediately or after a few hours.
--

puppy

join:2010-01-28

Spacedoctor just invited me in, woot