Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ricky_005

join:2012-01-17
united state

1 edit

HughesNet Gen 4 (USA Latest News)

Came across what seem to be a dealer with the basic Gen 4 residential plans listed (USA)
================================================================================== =======================================================================
Gen 4: HughesNet's newest satellite Internet platform is the Generation 4 which is coming in late 2012 and will introduce speeds of 5 mbps down and 500 kbps up on their residential platform and 5 mbps down and 1mbps up on their business platform!

HughesNet Gen 4 (HN1000) Residential Monthly Service Plans

We offer several residential HughesNet monthly service plans on the Gen 4 platform to fit your needs and budget!

Essential – Download up to 1.5 Mbps – Upload up to 256 kbps – 10 GB Monthly FAP – $ 54.99 (Overage billed at $ 3.50 / GB)
Advantage – Download up to 3.0 Mbps – Upload up to 500 kbps – 20 GB Monthly FAP – $ 59.99 (Overage billed at $ 3.50 / GB)
Performance – Download up to 5.0 Mbps – Upload up to 500 kbps – 30 GB Monthly FAP – $ 89.99 (Overage billed at $ 2.50 / GB)

$ 50.00 deposit required – Activation Fees: 3 year contract – $ 199, 2 year contract – $ 299, no contract – $ 499
Basic Installation: Free Warranty: 1 yr Labor
HughesNet Gen 4 (HN1000) Residential Equipment

HughesNet includes their Gen 4 equipment in their service agreements and the price you will pay for equipment depends on the contract term you choose!

$ 50.00 deposit required – Activation Fees: 3 year contract – $ 199, 2 year contract – $ 299, no contract – $ 499
Basic Installation: Free Warranty: 1 yr Labor
HughesNet Gen 4 (HN1000) Residential Installation

It is rumored that HughesNet will be providing Free Standard Professional Installation to qualifying customers with payment of the activation fee!
================================================================================== =======================================================================

»montanasatellite.com/home-2/sate···ur-home/

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3

Nonsense, I say. As bad as HughesNet is, they are not that ignorant and suicidal. I believe they will match Exede speed packages. I also think they will be giving a slightly larger cap than Exede.

ricky_005

united state

The plans make sense ... and should be sufficient for the majority of residential and businesses internet service plans with no other alternative. The plans seem to mirror the Canadian reseller Xplornet which have already released service plan information for that region.

As for Exede, based on there current data usage polices, they will always be the under dog!

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
reply to ricky_005

PATHETIC (if these plans, plans, and fees are even legit).

Where did this information come from?

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 edit
reply to ricky_005

I don't think they should match Exede on speed. 12mbps offers little to no benefit to the majority of people in comparison to 8 or 10mbps and seems to be just a waste of capacity. But 1.5mbps? These speeds are disgusting.

This is nearly identical to the Canadian offerings. They could be real, but it makes you wonder why they are holding back on the speeds. These speeds would be a marketing nightmare when Exede offers between 5-12mbps.

OldSatUser

join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH

Depending on location, these could be the plans for those that will get Gen4 on the older Spaceway satellite (i.e. like Exede 5). That would make more sense.

But I agree...12mbps only goes so far with high latency and low caps!

ricky_005

united state

4 edits
reply to silbaco

It seems from some post Exede is having issues keeping the boat afloat! If this is true, they will be calling for abandon ship! It all simply comes down to BAD Policy!

As for Hughes, there bandwidth management polices easily exceeds Exede. My interest are in the 100GB business package offering ... Assuming it will be offered as its being offered in Canada.

5mbps Down and 1mbps UP would be nice ... but I'm only expect a constant 75% of what they claim ... Thieves!

75%
Dn-3.75mbps/Up-0.75mbps (I can live with that..)

As for delivering a constant 12mb ...lol....Did you really believe that?...LMAO

Their all crooks, and there are no alternative for some other than deal with the least crooked of the Bastard Brothers ... or when hell freezes over and Washington does something about all these Monopolies.

Heh213

join:2012-06-16
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to ricky_005

I wouldn't be amazingly shocked if this were the case, but it defiantly doesn't scream "Drastically improved", but then of course when has their marketing been accurate?

I think the speeds are likely to be a bit higher, although the monthly FAP scheme has been hinted at with the update of the usage page.

That said, there is only so much juice you can squeeze out of even a newer fancy satellite, a lot more however.

Also overage billing

Wouldn't mind these speeds at a much larger data amount (figuring they have more capacity.....), and the connection being significantly less sluggish (as far as you can with sat anyways).

Still not looking like an amazing upgrade yet, but I'll wait until we get numbers from Hughes directly.

silbaco
Premium
USA

1 edit
reply to ricky_005

Exede/Viasat going under? I wish that rumor were true, but I don't see how it can be.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes delivered the promised speeds this time around. At least on the download side. Especially if they sell this slow of speeds.

I never understood the point of 12mbps or the proposed 20mbps Hughes said they could offer. It shouldn't be a contest, but it should be useable. 1.5mbps is not useable in my opinion. 3mbps is okay, 5mbps is good, 6mbps+ is ideal.

Heh213

Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..

said by silbaco:

Exede/Viasat going under? I wish that rumor were true, but I don't see how it can be.

Why do you wish that was true? You don't have to use them, and at least it provides some more supposed competition into the market.

Wyngs

join:2010-02-20
Coos Bay, OR
reply to silbaco

said by silbaco:

I hope not. The users will come and crowd us some more.

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
·McDonald County ..

Well it would seem the info came from Montana satellite, here is the link. »montanasatellite.com/home-2/sate···ur-home/

30Gb for $40 bucks less than I was paying for 20GB per month is a pretty fair deal if you ask me. This isn't grounbreaking by no means, but it is an improvement.
--
HughesNet elite plan/.74 dish w/1watt trans. / 9000 modem / 3 computers on a linksy's wired network

OldSatUser

Fresno, OH
reply to ricky_005

Echostar-17's coverage will most likely be very similar to Viasat-1's. Therefore, Montana will most likely be stuck on the old Spaceway bird. So I could see these plans there (sort of like Exede-5).

Honestly, it is not great but 5mps and $90/month for 30GB? I pay $80 now for 22GB combined and up to 1.5mps...so the new plan wouldn't be so bad. Add the "download zone" in the middle of the night and it would still be an improvement over what I have now.

me1

@insightbb.com

These plans are not the actually plans. These look like a copy of the Canadian plans.

silbaco
Premium
USA
reply to ricky_005

I guess I should have worded it differently. By saying I want them to go under, I really want to see someone else take over Exede. Someone who is not so obsessed with making money that they charge $10 per GB for overages. Someone who actually gives consumers something for their money and provide real competition to an otherwise uncompetitive industry.

OldSatUser

Fresno, OH

Or a Company that sets a cap at 7.5GB/month and then tries to convince consumers how many wonderful things you can do with that much data in a month. Yet they still have not enforced their caps. I want to see what happens when that starts to be enforced. I wonder how many "satisified" customers they will have then.

janedeaux

join:2012-02-15
Yazoo City, MS
reply to ricky_005

something seems a little off here. Has anyone else noticed that what is offered is a monthly FAP? I don't think this is a HN offer. Whose, I don't know, but to me it looks like excede.

Heh213

Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..

said by janedeaux:

something seems a little off here. Has anyone else noticed that what is offered is a monthly FAP? I don't think this is a HN offer.

I would agree with you, however as they added a day metric to the download allowance page it's defiantly a possibility.

Monthly plans plus the download zone actually sounds like a fairly nice idea. Means you'll get all you pay for and more. Problem I see is I don't know how the reset tokens would fit into that, they probably wouldn't.

nkynative
Premium
join:2006-08-13
Warsaw, KY
reply to ricky_005

Just to weigh in, and maybe it's just a typo, but if you got Earthlink's site listing Hughesnet satellite service, they are saying you can get up to 5.0 Mbps down. When you click on the link that takes you to Hughesnet plans, they are still listing the old plan schemes with up to 1.5 Mbps down. Did Earthlink update their listing for the new Hughesnet service?

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5

said by nkynative:

Just to weigh in, and maybe it's just a typo, but if you got Earthlink's site listing Hughesnet satellite service, they are saying you can get up to 5.0 Mbps down. When you click on the link that takes you to Hughesnet plans, they are still listing the old plan schemes with up to 1.5 Mbps down. Did Earthlink update their listing for the new Hughesnet service?

Where is this Earthlink listing for Hughes? Earthlink hasn't offered Hughes service since April, 2009.
--
Motosat self-pointing dishes: 1.2-meter XF-3 on 93W, .74 meter G74 on 127W, SL-5 HD DirecTV|idirect 3100|Hughes HN7000S|Verizon UMW190 Air Card|1990 Blue Bird Wanderlodge Bus "Blue Thunder"|Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
kudos:1
reply to janedeaux

said by janedeaux:

Has anyone else noticed that what is offered is a monthly FAP?

They got it wrong on Exede's packages:

»montanasatellite.com/home-2/sate···dential/

Maybe one of those Ghost companies, with zero installers.

auxilium

join:2012-05-29
Midland, TX

1 edit
reply to ricky_005

Hughesnet didn't released any Gen4 service offerings yet, this one is bogus LOL!

Edit: Plus, if you check the other Plans for HN9000 / 7000s and Exede, information is incorrect.

nkynative
Premium
Warsaw, KY
reply to dbirdman

Indeed, they do. Go to Earthlink's website and then enter your address for what services are available. If dsl is not available, they will list their dialup service as well as satellite service, which, when selected, will take you directly to Hughesnet. I just did that this morning.

nkynative
Premium
Warsaw, KY

downloadEarthLink® I···dban.zip 170,238 bytes
(EarthLink® Internet services Dial-Up, High Speed DSL & broadband Cable Internet)
I am trying to add the copied web page with address blocked out to the forum. Not sure if it worked.

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5
reply to nkynative

said by nkynative:

Indeed, they do.

Indeed they don't. I see that they tell you it is available, and send you to Hughes (I used my own address, which likewise only has dialup and satellite listed). I suspect they get a commission for the referral.

Note that their dialup has "buy" links, but Hughes does not, because you cannot buy Hughes from Earthlink. Prior to April, 2009, Earthlink was a reseller of Hughes services. AOL was at one time as well. Neither is anymore.
--
Motosat self-pointing dishes: 1.2-meter XF-3 on 93W, .74 meter G74 on 127W, SL-5 HD DirecTV|idirect 3100|Hughes HN7000S|Verizon UMW190 Air Card|1990 Blue Bird Wanderlodge Bus "Blue Thunder"|Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool

montana_sat
Premium
join:2005-12-05
Kalispell, MT

1 recommendation

reply to ricky_005

Don't pay attention to this page or this post or the speeds or pricing mentioned... we got this information from a Canadian site and I don't even know if it's talking about HughesNet, G4 or what, but we modified it and pasted it onto our new site just for an idea for a template for posting Gen 4 information when it becomes available. This page was not suppose to be published online yet, so please ignore accordingly. We will be removing this information later today! Sorry for the confusion! Sometimes Google is too good!

montana_sat
Premium
join:2005-12-05
Kalispell, MT
reply to DrStrangLov

We're not a "ghost company" lol... we just accidently published pages that were not suppose to be published... sorry!

A Tech

join:2008-11-10
reply to ricky_005

The official launch date of Gen4 is Oct 1st. Pre sale of this will start Aug 13th for DDO dealers with sales agents to follow Aug 24th.

Upgrade orders..........

Max Mouse

join:2010-02-28
reply to ricky_005

THats terrible, thats not much of a improvement at all.. They promise us we will be able to watch movies and stuff but its way too small.... I was hoping to at least be able to use 2-3 GB a day....

Edit: If its bogus then thank god....... or its better to start talking people into cancel this ripoff service..

A Tech

join:2008-11-10
reply to A Tech

The details will be released on the 7th in Denver and Bangor Maine. I get them on the 9th.