kudos:1

I'm looking forward to it

TheGeeze
Doctor Mud
Premium
join:2002-07-17
Magnolia, TX
reply to darcilicious

Looks interesting. I'll watch it, but will not be surprised if NBC cancels it mid season. They have a habit of doing that, you know.

Grimm

join:2011-05-23
reply to darcilicious

Looks like something I'd enjoy watching, and I intend to.
--
Slydermv--In short.. hookers save lives.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

Looks interesting, and I intend to watch.

By the looks of the trailer it seems kind of tame though, for an end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it scenario. Even though it's 15 years later, I'd still expect a fair amount of rampant lawlessness and chaos.

The swordplay and archery seem cool, and reminds me a lot of some scenes from the movie The Book Of Eli, which was a pretty good movie.

Thanks for the clip.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

1 edit
reply to darcilicious

OMG. It appears to be original drama of a Sci-fi nature on a regular network. Who would have thought something like this might make it TV in the era of reality TV? It is a miracle.

Edited to clarify: on a regular network
--
nohup rm -fr /&

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Somerset, NJ
reply to darcilicious

I've stated my reservations about this show in another thread, but I am still going to watch it. The only thing - planes don't crash like that. But I know it's all for show.
--
What smells like blue?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to darcilicious

I'll check out the trailer a little later. At work now.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
reply to darcilicious

When will they add the vampires and/or zombies? You can't have end-of-the-world scifi show without them.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to darcilicious

Oh yes,…

Yes!

I’m in,….!

Can’t wait to see this one.

BTW, it reminds me a bit of “The Book of Eli”

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to juilinsandar

said by juilinsandar:

When will they add the vampires and/or zombies? ...

Please, no vampires.

--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to darcilicious

Hopefully, I'll remember to watch this as I have NO confidence with network TV. So far, it's down to 42 minutes of a series and the rest (out of an hour) in commercials .
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to darcilicious

NBC? So it'll be canceled half way through S1.

Niarlan
Excelsior
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Manville, NJ
reply to darcilicious

NBC...hmmm...I'm having a Flash Forward to the Event, probably bomb on Day One...but I'll still watch it

Nia

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA
reply to darcilicious

More bows and arrows? That should please the Katniss/Merida/Hawkeye fans.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

said by RockCake:

More bows and arrows? That should please the Katniss/Merida/Hawkeye fans.

Lets not forget Artemis, Green Arrow and Speed (AKA Red Arrow),...

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
reply to darcilicious

Really I'd give for a good show where the lead is a master at the......slight shot.

Sniper3142
Slapsho3142

join:2002-01-25
Tustin, CA
reply to Niarlan

said by Niarlan:

NBC...hmmm...I'm having a Flash Forward to the Event, probably bomb on Day One...but I'll still watch it

Nia

I see what you did there!

And I totally agree. Even if the ratings are good, this show won't last long. NBC will kill it before its time.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

Looks good and I intend on watching it.. BUT..

Given that it's on NBC, and it seems to be a pretty expensive show to produce, I won't attach myself too much because I suspect NBC will cancel it after the first season, citing "production costs".
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Sniper3142

said by Sniper3142:

said by Niarlan:

Nia

I see what you did there!

And I totally agree. Even if the ratings are good, this show won't last long. NBC will kill it before its time.

I dont know how I missed that,....LOL.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

I don't know what lame reason they will give for why electricity no longer works, but it's just a bit much for me to swallow from a scientific standpoint. Pass.

Phillip
I Need A Nap

join:2004-12-21
Hatboro, PA

said by Wily_One:

I don't know what lame reason they will give for why electricity no longer works, but it's just a bit much for me to swallow from a scientific standpoint. Pass.

Yea, it kind of reminds me of a mix of Postman and Jericho, so I think it will be meh show at best.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
reply to Wily_One

I was assuming the big electrical shutoff was precipitated by a huge solar flare [X30+]. A repeat of the Carrington Event, or worse. You could stretch that out via literary license to fry every transformer on the planet, I suppose. Assuming no breakdown of law and order, it would take years to decades to get the power grid operational again. Assuming human nature, it would never come back on.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

Yeah, I just assumed some massive Electro Magnetic pulse but they would really have to change the laws of physics and act as if chemistry didn’t exist to do away with things like guns, batteries, combustion engines and so on,……even simple circuits should still works. I mean what is an EM pulse going to do to some copper wire or a tungsten filament,….?

But when it comes down to it, sometimes you have to just suspend disbelief in order to enjoy the hot chick with the bow and arrow,…..

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

said by Octavean:

sometimes you have to just suspend disbelief in order to enjoy the hot chick with the bow and arrow,…..

Or a hot guy with a sword. Ahem.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Octavean

Bet you aliens are responsible and they are just disabling our more complex technology in preparation of an invasion, and to kill any and all chances of opposition. Sheesh... if so, then it's Falling Skies all over again...
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Somerset, NJ
reply to Wily_One

said by Wily_One:

I've had issues with it too. All electricity disabling technology is temporary. EMP destroy circuits, but they don't prevent electricity from working after the EMP is over.

I don't know if you have ever seen Farscape but in one episode, they encounter a planet where an energy field disables all technology. This is the only way I can accept the plot of revolution.

But at the same time, steam technology should still work, I wonder if Revolution will show stuff like trains.
--
What smells like blue?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

So there's no more lightning either?

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by Alpha Phoenix:

So there's no more lightning either?

Yeah if there's really a dampening field or somesuch that is "preventing" electricity from working, then the plot goes all to hell. Not just no lightning, no life at all. All life on Earth uses electricity to live. (ATP, electron transport, etc.) Furthermore, if there's no electricity then there can't be magnetism either. No magnetism, no magnetic field protecting Earth from solar radiation and cosmic rays. Again, = no life.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Yep. I'm seeing major plot holes in this series. They really ought to run these plots and storylines by a panel of techie, and sci-fi geeks first. That way the plot holes and stupidity would be covered.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo