Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to PX Eliezer70

Re: Revolution (NBC, Sept 17)

Ted Turner would beg to differ. He has the largest buffalo ranch in the USA.
Theres plenty of Buffalo, heck, there more then enough white tail deer.

So if people didn't have buffalo to hunt, they'd hunt deer.

Failing that they could always breed rabbits and rats. I just finished a book that took place after the world ended. One group of survivors released they were running outta food, and they knew rats breed fast, require little effort. So they caught some wild rats, bred them for a couple of generations [to clean them up, wild rats have a load of pests]. Then they started harvesting and grinding the rats up into rat patties.
They would have used rabbits, but compared to rats, rabbits have a limited specific food requirement. Where as rats seem to thrive off of what ever we humans throw away.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to darcilicious
I happy that NBC is airing repeats of the show on Saturday. I think that has helped the show. As Saturday is typically a dead day for programming.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to darcilicious
I'm in NYC, so due to Sandy hitting there wasn't much on the local channels other then news coverage. We got lucky though no real problems,........

Anyway I noticed that a new episode aired on the 29th but I have yet to see it:

"Sex and Drugs" Air Date: 10/29/12

Promising title though,.....

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
said by Octavean:

Anyway I noticed that a new episode aired on the 29th but I have yet to see it:

"Sex and Drugs" Air Date: 10/29/12

Promising title though,.....

It's not what you think. Don't be fooled. Lol
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Light Guy

join:2006-05-12
Somerville, NJ
reply to Octavean
They showed it on NBC NY Nonstop last night and I think it will air this Thursday at 8pm on NBC and is also available On Demand

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
yeah, it's already on torrent and this episode does little to move the main story line along which i found and odd waste for a series that probably won't survive it's first year.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
said by Packeteers:

this episode does little to move the main story line along

Yeah didn't advance the main story much. But you do learn more about Aaron and his back story and his choices that lead him to this episode.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to SixOfNine
LOL, he pulled a Lando Calrissian,....

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to Voxxjin
said by Voxxjin:

said by Packeteers:

this episode does little to move the main story line along

Yeah didn't advance the main story much. But you do learn more about Aaron and his back story and his choices that lead him to this episode.

I don't get it. Why didn't he stay with the click and be in the same group? Just cause he couldn't protect her didn't mean he had to leave.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
said by Alcohol:

I don't get it. Why didn't he stay with the click and be in the same group? Just cause he couldn't protect her didn't mean he had to leave.

I think he felt like a loser and probably just kept beting himself up with the fact he couldn't do anything. Probably felt it was better for her (and the group) if he left. That's how I see it. Why he didn't try to learn or train from another guy, idk.

While he really bugged me the first few episodes, I find myself liking him more and more. He is growing a spine. And he is making some amusing remarks such as the comment about a pack of hairless ewoks.
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
I agree but only to a point. I actually lost respect for the guy because he left his Wife.

We'll probably see the Wife again,…

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
Last night's episode provided some more background on what happened. So it is some sort of device that sucks up or interferes with power.

We know who Randall is now. From the first encounter with him (back when he came for Grace, I thought he would be a big guy (like Jason from the Friday the 13th movies) the way he bashed in the door. I wonder who he works for now and where he and Grace are.
--

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to Octavean
said by Octavean:

I agree but only to a point. I actually lost respect for the guy because he left his Wife.

We'll probably see the Wife again,…

He left his wife for no reason. I still don't get his logic. Why risk being by yourself (you cant protect yourself either) instead of in a protected group of people that you can trust. I couldnt protect you shouldnt translate to fuck off im gonna go die alone.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Voxxjin
Yeah, the hairless Ewoks comment had me dying.

He did take out 2 guys all by himself tonight, and the drug lord from the week before. So that's something.... Charlie however really need to get killed. I really can't stand her.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10
reply to darcilicious
Concerning s1e08 Ties that Bind.

My guess about the function of the machine that Rachel Matheson is constructing is that it turns the power on and keeps it on. The pendant is required to activate it. Rachel will sacrifice anyone and any number of people to get what she wants. How many millions will this evil scientist sacrifice for her microworld? It looks like an energized war is brewing between or among the Monroe Militia, Grace Beaumont and maybe Randall. I want Charlie's mom to die more than Charlie in the upcoming battle.

My guess is that the machine that Randall showed Grace turns electrical power on and keeps it on too. Big power activating machine with amateur strategy versus little power activating machine with clever strategy. Monroe does not foresee the battle that awaits him.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
First regarding the last episode where would randall be? Some sort of secret base but who is in control of it? What is it's power(s). So far we have only seen him and Grace there how many others occupy that base. And he said Grace would take care of that, I assume he means by actrivating some sort of weapon that they were looking at? Hopefully we will know more in the near future.

Other items: In randall's lair, on the giant map, it appears he can track the location of each pendant. In the lower right, it appeared to list the pendants and most were marked as inactive.

Randall talked about sending the one kid to california on a diplomatic mission but it was mentioned that their people don't always come back alive. Do you think all of these republics are warlord/dictator type countries?
--

Spice300
Premium
Yes, I think all of the republics are led by warlords. Monroe described the Georgia one as fighting with sticks and stones.

Randall is the government guy, and I suspect he is responsible for deactivating/suppressing electrical power.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to Voxxjin
Somehow that "machine" where Randall & Grace is kinda resembles a large hadron collider, eh? So maybe this is a sci fi variation on the concept since it deals with electromagnetic force so not a stretch it'd affect electricity. Maybe I'm overthinking this, but thats what came to mind for me when I watched the last episode.
--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
Twitter:Merv Chat:irc.teksavvy.ca

Spice300
Premium
reply to darcilicious

Pendant Tracking System

Here is a screen capture from Revolution s1e08 Ties that Bind:

Here is a capture with more resolution. The "Usage Data" is different between the images.

There are 7 pendants on the screen, 4 in the Monroe Republic, 1 in Georgia Federation, 1 in Texas and 1 in the Plains Nation. There are none in the California Commonwealth nor in the Wasteland. The identifying numbers in the map are formatted like the Social Security Numbers of the people to whom they were originally assigned.

ID's of the pendants on the map and their approximate locations:
Monroe Republic:
The east side of the Monroe Republic appears to be the Mississippi River.
564.24.7425 Springfield, Illinois
644.74.1784 south of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
755.79.4343 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
995.34.1163 southeast of Saint Louis, Missouri, in Illinois

Georgia Federation:
633.42.1405 west of Charleston, South Carolina

Texas:
192.16.3774 Wichita Falls, Texas

Plains Nation
274.23.8235 near Lusk, Wyoming

We know from the plot that Ben Matheson's pendant is in Philadelphia, so its ID is 755.79.4343. Because Grace Beaumont lived in the area of west of Chicago, her pendant might be the ones in Illinois or Wisconsin and might indicate the present location of Randall and Grace. We do not know how far they traveled from her house to Randall's facility.

In the lower right corner the status of 7 pendants is displayed, 6 inactive and 1 active. I assume that "active" means that is it making electricity function in its vicinity. The numbers in this status display are not the same as the ones in the map, but the active one is similar to Ben Matheson's pendant with the two middle digits, "79," missing.

#6334547 Model A inactive
#7554343 Model C active
#3534793 Model A inactive
#1425342 Model A inactive
#6634632 Model A inactive
#2346894 Model B inactive
#1204632 Model B inactive

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
Thanks for the pics. I wonder what the icons at the top of the page do?

Hmmm I wonder if Ben's pendant being active and the only one listed as model C mean anything. I also wonder if the creator even put that much thought into it or he just made up something completely random.

And based upon your reasoning the other five pendants are either off the map (another country), in an area where it cannot give off a signal or destroyed.

Hmmm with this computer mapping, makes you wonder why randall didn't get them all back since then.
--

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
said by Voxxjin:

Thanks for the pics. I wonder what the icons at the top of the page do?

I highly doubt they do anything, a pseudo GUI for tee vee
basically a prop like anything else in sci fi imagery.

Some outputs on programs are taken from hacked together snippets from actual computer programs like in the Matrix for example they used Nmap in a scene with Trinity.

Earlier in Revolution they used a Korn shell on the old MicroATX computer when Grace first showed us the amulet's powering features so she could go online, and later on when she announced "Randall's here." onscreen a few episodes back.
--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
Twitter:Merv Chat:irc.teksavvy.ca

Spice300
Premium
reply to Voxxjin
A tracking system that covers a continent suggests that it uses a functioning satellite. Maybe the U.S. military made a shielded satellite, or satellites lie outside of the suppression field.

Would GPS function if the receiver on the ground functions?

After 15 years without any replacements being launched, would GPS satellites still be operational?

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
said by Spice300:

A tracking system that covers a continent suggests that it uses a functioning satellite. Maybe the U.S. military made a shielded satellite, or satellites lie outside of the suppression field.

Would GPS function if the receiver on the ground functions?

After 15 years without any replacements being launched, would GPS satellites still be operational?

Yes. Our current GPS constellation is years, if not decades old. The satellites would still work, not all of them though. However they would not be accurate, they need to be maintained on a constant basis.
--
What smells like blue?

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to darcilicious

Re: Revolution (NBC, Sept 17)

An ehh episode for me tonight. Didn't dig the hallucinations,,,even if LZ was playing in the background. For me the best part was the end of the episode with Charlie's mom. "now you need me"

Other items: is it me or did the air seems to run out of the tunnel pretty fast considering how big the tunnel was?.

Maybe next week we will see what Randall wants Grace to do.

And based upon previews of the next episode, makes me wonder where the show goes from here...assuming they get Ben and get out.

--

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to darcilicious
I think I made it to the 4th episode before I quit watching. Judging by the posts it doesn't sound like the show improved any since either.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I was just about to go through the posts for the last 3 weeks or so to see if the show has improved any, and if so, I would catch up on the episodes I missed.

I guess I won't bother.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Spice300
Premium
reply to Voxxjin
S1e09 Kashmir, featured hallucinations instead of flashbacks which was not an improvement. I see that the resistance is just a bunch of expendable buffoons to be predictably killed off in each episode. The writers could have done so much better. Charlie Gang "needed" the resistance to get into Philadelphia, but all of them were dead before they got out of the tunnel from their own bullets. The resistance's help was unnecessary. They just used up the oxygen faster.

Monroe does not need Charlie's mom. Based on the preview of the next episode, the man she killed already made an amplifier for Monroe.
The overall plot for future episodes is fairly easy to guess. Charlie Gang will rescue the family using some implausible plan, fail to kill Monroe, Grace will probably stop his energized army and the Monroe Militia will unsuccessfully hunt for Charlie Gang while killing members of the resistance. The militia might capture a member of Charlie Gang who they have to rescue again. The hunt for how to turn the power back on will be without end. The writers do not have the creativity to do better.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to darcilicious
Led Zeppelin is too good for this show.

Spice300
Premium
reply to darcilicious
Concerning Revolution s1e10 Nobody's Fault But Mine:

It went pretty much the way I expected except Grace did not come to the rescue. Perhaps they are saving energized battles for next year when the series resumes. My guess is that the Gatling gun on the Huey will be unloaded, will jam or the pilot's aim will be atrocious. Naturally Charlie Company stands still in the open field gawking at the helicopter instead of running for the trees. Mommy Mathasen somehow kills Strausser but does not bother to destroy the amplifier nor take the pendant. How stupid are these people! The writers could have at least had the Monroe Militia do something to prevent her from destroying or taking it. Noooo, instead it's predictably Mommy forgets.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
Yeah I had the same feeling after mommy and strausser (I keep wanting to call him schnauzer) fight.

and lighting a fuse with flint and steel can't be too easy...also very interesting way to place the pipe bombs.
--