Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to Voxxjin

Re: Pendant Tracking System

said by Voxxjin:

Thanks for the pics. I wonder what the icons at the top of the page do?

I highly doubt they do anything, a pseudo GUI for tee vee
basically a prop like anything else in sci fi imagery.

Some outputs on programs are taken from hacked together snippets from actual computer programs like in the Matrix for example they used Nmap in a scene with Trinity.

Earlier in Revolution they used a Korn shell on the old MicroATX computer when Grace first showed us the amulet's powering features so she could go online, and later on when she announced "Randall's here." onscreen a few episodes back.
--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
Twitter:Merv Chat:irc.teksavvy.ca

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10
reply to Voxxjin
A tracking system that covers a continent suggests that it uses a functioning satellite. Maybe the U.S. military made a shielded satellite, or satellites lie outside of the suppression field.

Would GPS function if the receiver on the ground functions?

After 15 years without any replacements being launched, would GPS satellites still be operational?

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
said by Spice300:

A tracking system that covers a continent suggests that it uses a functioning satellite. Maybe the U.S. military made a shielded satellite, or satellites lie outside of the suppression field.

Would GPS function if the receiver on the ground functions?

After 15 years without any replacements being launched, would GPS satellites still be operational?

Yes. Our current GPS constellation is years, if not decades old. The satellites would still work, not all of them though. However they would not be accurate, they need to be maintained on a constant basis.
--
What smells like blue?

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to darcilicious

Re: Revolution (NBC, Sept 17)

An ehh episode for me tonight. Didn't dig the hallucinations,,,even if LZ was playing in the background. For me the best part was the end of the episode with Charlie's mom. "now you need me"

Other items: is it me or did the air seems to run out of the tunnel pretty fast considering how big the tunnel was?.

Maybe next week we will see what Randall wants Grace to do.

And based upon previews of the next episode, makes me wonder where the show goes from here...assuming they get Ben and get out.

--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to darcilicious
I think I made it to the 4th episode before I quit watching. Judging by the posts it doesn't sound like the show improved any since either.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I was just about to go through the posts for the last 3 weeks or so to see if the show has improved any, and if so, I would catch up on the episodes I missed.

I guess I won't bother.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Spice300
Premium
reply to Voxxjin
S1e09 Kashmir, featured hallucinations instead of flashbacks which was not an improvement. I see that the resistance is just a bunch of expendable buffoons to be predictably killed off in each episode. The writers could have done so much better. Charlie Gang "needed" the resistance to get into Philadelphia, but all of them were dead before they got out of the tunnel from their own bullets. The resistance's help was unnecessary. They just used up the oxygen faster.

Monroe does not need Charlie's mom. Based on the preview of the next episode, the man she killed already made an amplifier for Monroe.
The overall plot for future episodes is fairly easy to guess. Charlie Gang will rescue the family using some implausible plan, fail to kill Monroe, Grace will probably stop his energized army and the Monroe Militia will unsuccessfully hunt for Charlie Gang while killing members of the resistance. The militia might capture a member of Charlie Gang who they have to rescue again. The hunt for how to turn the power back on will be without end. The writers do not have the creativity to do better.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to darcilicious
Led Zeppelin is too good for this show.

Spice300
Premium
reply to darcilicious
Concerning Revolution s1e10 Nobody's Fault But Mine:

It went pretty much the way I expected except Grace did not come to the rescue. Perhaps they are saving energized battles for next year when the series resumes. My guess is that the Gatling gun on the Huey will be unloaded, will jam or the pilot's aim will be atrocious. Naturally Charlie Company stands still in the open field gawking at the helicopter instead of running for the trees. Mommy Mathasen somehow kills Strausser but does not bother to destroy the amplifier nor take the pendant. How stupid are these people! The writers could have at least had the Monroe Militia do something to prevent her from destroying or taking it. Noooo, instead it's predictably Mommy forgets.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
Yeah I had the same feeling after mommy and strausser (I keep wanting to call him schnauzer) fight.

and lighting a fuse with flint and steel can't be too easy...also very interesting way to place the pipe bombs.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to darcilicious
I’m really starting to see Star Wars references all over the place in this show now. Not sure if its my imagination or if they are really there.

rlt2562
The Wizard of Speed and Time
Premium
join:2002-12-23
Haughton, LA
reply to darcilicious
Myles' last friend in Philly or possibly an escaped Grace is piloting the chopper, and will swoop down to rescue them .

A long-shot for either, but we'll see...
--
You may say I'm a Dreamer.... But I'm not the only one.....

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Spice300
LOL, “Charlie Company“,….I like that,...

I was thinking the gun was sabotaged by a Georgian spy within the Monroe Militia’s ranks but who knows,….

One thing I think is worth noting is that the power amplifier seems to create a field or area in which devices that require power can operate. If anything within the field is operational this then goes both ways without discrimination with respect to what side is trying to use machinery of war.

Therefore, if the Monroe Militia wishes to attack Georgia and Georgia were privy to the attack plan through a Georgian spy,…the Georgia Militia could amass weapons of war (that require power) and wait for the Monroe Militia to bring the power source to the battlefield.

Monroe has an advantage in controlling the power source but he has limited control over it. The power can be on, off or mobile but it doesn’t work just for his forces.