Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean

Re: Revolution (NBC, Sept 17)

Is Elizabeth Mitchell gone? All we know is that she left the village and didn't return. They assumed she was dead. But what if she isn't?
Where is she? And why didn't she return?
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to beavercable

Premium Member

to beavercable
How many people do you know that could build a steam engine from available parts? I don't know any.

Though I agree with you. Though, I noticed the leaders seemed to have the automatic weapons. Maybe the quality of weapon is based upon rank and loyalty?
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
quote:
Not only that but apparently possession of a firearm is a hanging offense

There are parts of this country where if you were caught with a firearm, you could be tossed in Jail. Despite the fact we have the right to own them.

So this isn't a reach for me. Those in power want to remain in power. Best way to do that is to disarm the populous and keep the military armed and loyal to you and your cause.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
quote:
I just don't get how society fell into the way it is in the show. Before electricity was discovered, Empires rose and fell, Societies grew and prospered.

Steam engines, wind power, hydro power, geo-thermal power, solar power (maybe), would've also powered new machinery to keep society and civilization from sliding back into the dark ages. Smh... Such bullshit

Agreed. What about the refrigerators/freezers that use no electricity? All they use is a gas pilot light to heat up Ammonia. The heating/cooling effect cools the inside of the unit. I think they are commonly used in Amish homes and camp sites that don't have power.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
That is one of my favorite movies of all time.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

TwiztedZero to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil

Next they're gona tell us its a "magic" USB device imbued with ethereal power from some eldrich force involving old world arcane sorcery?

One thing they're forgetting, even the human body itself has an electricial field which I'm sure would've gone KAPUT pretty much with the rest of the affected electronics, theres a little spark that keeps ones heart beating you know. Wouldn't that have pretty much ended most mamalian's?

So yeah, steam power, hand generated power, water wheel power, wind power... lots of possiblities that OUGHTA WORK, since humanity is quite advanced at this point in time

So where are the bicycles, and train platforms with hand pump see-saw actions that propelled them?

Since gunpowder works, that force could've also been harnessed to make things "go". I guess the whole planet failed to learn to 'adapt' existing knowledgy to keep going with technology.

For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press 3.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by TwiztedZero:

[att=1]

Next they're gona tell us its a "magic" USB device imbued with ethereal power from some eldrich force involving old world arcane sorcery?

One thing they're forgetting, even the human body itself has an electricial field which I'm sure would've gone KAPUT pretty much with the rest of the affected electronics, theres a little spark that keeps ones heart beating you know. Wouldn't that have pretty much ended most mamalian's?

So yeah, steam power, hand generated power, water wheel power, wind power... lots of possiblities that OUGHTA WORK, since humanity is quite advanced at this point in time

So where are the bicycles, and train platforms with hand pump see-saw actions that propelled them?

Since gunpowder works, that force could've also been harnessed to make things "go". I guess the whole planet failed to learn to 'adapt' existing knowledgy to keep going with technology.

For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press 3.

EXACTLY my point!!!

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I think this show will attract teen viewers as well. One of my kids appears to be interested in it.

Well of course. Just by the previews I saw with the bows and arrows you can tell they're trying to capture the Hunger Games crowd.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to TwiztedZero

Premium Member

to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

Yes, in the story I mentioned earlier [Frederic Brown's "The Waveries" from 1945], society adapted with horses, bicycles, steam, and natural gas.

Full text (have to advance through each of 7 pages):
»www.rulit.net/books/the- ··· 4-1.html
Phillip
I Need A Nap
join:2004-12-21
Hatboro, PA

Phillip to darcilicious

to darcilicious
I just watched it, and the acting from the two main female actors is bad, or it might be there scrips. I am also surprised that they got Giancarlo Esposito to play a part in this.

Unless they can scrip the mains better and make the story line a bit more believable, I really don't see it going far.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

[Revolution] Sept. 24

Tonight: S01, E02 "Chained Heat", When Miles and the gang realize they need help rescuing Danny, they search for Nora, a rebel fighter; Danny learns what Capt. Neville is capable of.

• Thx for XBMC, 'coz this is also on at the same time as the premiers for Castle & Hawaii 5-O up here in Toronto, Ont, so I'll catch one of the three on OTA and the rest via XBMC. w00t!

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

1 edit

Alcohol to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

Who was the guy that showed up at the black ladies house? I wasn't fully paying attention while watching. Although i did laugh at how slow he was walking up the stairs. Let me break the door in, then take my sweet ass time going up the stairs.

Also, they need to stop with the flashbacks. They're boring and useless.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

1 edit

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by Alcohol:

Who was the guy that showed up at the black ladies house?

Some guy named Randal, we don't know yet "whom he is", or whether he's a good guy or bad guy, my odds are on the later. No idea yet why he's at Grace's house. But gosh thats like three or four power-amulets now eh?

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by TwiztedZero:

said by Alcohol:

Some guy named Randal, we don't know yet "whom he is", or whether he's a good guy or bad guy, my odds are on the later. No idea yet why he's at Grace's house. But gosh thats like three or four power-amulets now eh?

If he's a bad guy why didn't she try to fight him or run/hide? He took his sweet time getting up those stairs she had plenty of time to defend herself while her modem connected.
Also, if it takes that long to go online how does the other person get the message instantly? Is he always on?

So many plot holes in this show i don't see how it can last.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

So why did Grace not let Randal in, eh? He had to break the door down to get in. Quite impatient if you ask me. Grace also seemed to know who he was before he got into her computer hide away.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to TwiztedZero

MVM

to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

said by Alcohol:

Ah, but we do know that he knows his targets, what they have and where they keep it. After all he went directly upstairs (albeit slowly) like he had been there before. We also know that Grace has a firearm on the premises.

This show reminds me a little of “FlashForward“, “Harsh Realm“, “The Event” and maybe a little “Lost”.

But People, people, people,….please,….lets not forget what really matters here.

The chick that caries the crossbow is really hot!

That’s all that really matters,…

BTW, I still think the asthmatic brother is nothing more then a useless prop / widget . He serves no purpose other then to give the main characters an immediate goal.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

Randall seems to be someone she fears. So why she went upstairs to email her friend and not grab the gun, idk.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean

[Revolution] SPOILER!

And so I watched S01E02 "Chained Heat", and it was all right I guess; then I watched it again, but nothing is really jumping out at me thats particularly noteworthy. I'm intrigued by this new Randal character though.
• And why the heck doesn't anyone have a "real" sword like say a katana for instance.
• And isn't a bow or even a crossbow considered a firearm?

Pst... Mark Pellegrino, is comming up in the third episode, but as far as I can determine he's NOT Randal ... so a wee birdie tole me and I'm not the least bit surprised.

Meanwhiles... I'm missing Falling Skies oh So MUCH!!!

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

said by TwiztedZero:

Ditto but this will help to fill the time. And soon the Walking Dead will be back on.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol to TwiztedZero

Premium Member

to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

Why? This show seems to have equally bad actors

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

[Revolution] (NBC)

This is the Edition room where they do all the edits for Revolution at NBC. Photo from RevolutionTvShow.com

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Looks like one of my computer setups,....

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin

Re: [Revolution] SPOILER!

Unless you are a dish subscriber.. then it's wait for it on Netflix or hit the newsgroups/torrents or Hulu plus/Itunes/Amazon.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

I don't know how long this show will last. Consider all the other series that dealt with the collapse of modern society.
Logan's Run
Planet of the Apes
Jeremiah
Jericho

Terra Nova.

I kind of hope t sticks around for a season.

Though I'd like to see a series made out of the Deathlands or Outlanders books. Though unless it was a cable series, the network would have to water it down.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

By the way did anyone notice, Randal from what we could see of his mysterious appearance, was holding an electric cattle prod? That can't be so good, and I don't care that Grace seems to know him. Someone shows up breaks door to get in and comes directly to the room with an active cattle prod, shades of The Man in black from LOST? And yes I only really started to consider this after watching it the second time.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

Yeah I noticed it. Randall is someone else who seem to be in the 'know' about the power.

Makes you wonder if one of those people were captured by, say militia or regular people and they found a working computer or something what would happen.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

I figure Monroe's Republic is just one small geographic area; whats gona happen when another Republic or whatever appears on the scene and a border war breaks out? Theres a reason Monroe wants those helicopters and obviously he's aware that things can be made to work.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to darcilicious

to darcilicious

This show won't see a 2nd season

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to TwiztedZero

Premium Member

to TwiztedZero

Be interesting to see a map. And I agree, why would he need all those troops? Besides keeping his subjects in line.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to TwiztedZero

MVM

to TwiztedZero
At least he is using a weapon that is nonlethal.

We have all heard the expression "bringing a knife to a gun fight". Well Grace still has a firearm on the premises and gun trumps prod,......assuming its loaded and she has a mind to use it.

My guess is that the rebels (those who believe in the USA and want to reinstate it) are trying to gather arms among other things. Since Grace is armed she is probably a rebel.