Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bernardc

join:2009-12-13
Berkeley, CA

1 edit

[Business] SMCD3G-CCR settings with static IP and my own router

I mistakenly did a factory default reset on my SMCD3G which has firmware 1.4.0.49.7-CCR. I DO have "Disable all rules and allow all inbound traffic through" checked as well as "Disable Firewall for True Static IP Subnet Only" and "Disable Gateway Smart Packet Detection". The WAN settings of the LinkSys RVS4000 router are set according to the Static IP sheet from Comcast (and have not been changed since installation two years ago), and its WAN port is connected to one of the SMC's LAN ports. So here's the problem: with the SMC's LAN set to its default 10.1.10.1, you can't get to the internet through the router. If I set the SMC's LAN IP address to the static IP gateway address (not what you're supposed to do), the internet becomes accessible from behind the router. However, the whatsmyip.org ip address is the SMC's WAN DHCP IP Address, not the Static IP address, so I doubt external access to the static ip will work. So what else got erased when I did the factory default reset?

What prompted the fiddling? We have the Deluxe service, 50 down, 10 up, but we're only getting about 2 down most of the time, as shown in the test result above.

Since Comcast Business Class service doesn't operate on weekends (but businesses do), I need help! Thanks!!