uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jameson
Premium
join:2004-05-28
united state
kudos:1
reply to odog

Re: [CA] [San Diego]So slow every night!

said by odog:

@Jameson

I see your modem locked on to 8 channels from my side? Are you still having issues?

@n19htmare5

Can you PM your modem mac to me, I'd like to take a look.

I appreciate you looking into this. I am now locked onto 8 channels as of recent and everything has been fixed.

Power Level: Signal to Noise Ratio:
Channel 1: 5.9 dBmV 36.8 dB
Channel 2: 6.1 dBmV 37.3 dB
Channel 3: 5.8 dBmV 37.2 dB
Channel 4: 5.8 dBmV 36.8 dB
Channel 5: -2.2 dBmV 36.1 dB
Channel 6: -2.3 dBmV 36.0 dB
Channel 7: -2.3 dBmV 35.8 dB
Channel 8: -3.3 dBmV 35.4 dB

hoozdapimp

join:2003-02-12
San Diego, CA

Glad to hear it!

I am still suffering. Last night, I was lucky if I could pull 1mbit down. Download speeds from google were 60kB/sec....pages were taking forever to load.

During the day, I have no problem maxing out my 25mbit connection. I hope to see some relief soon, this is so annoying.

Still only locking onto 2 channels. Is there a newer firmware update than December 2010 for the SB6120?

SDKiwi
VIP
join:2002-05-27
El Cajon, CA
kudos:2

You should see an improvement [more bonded channels] this week if you live in the Chula Vista/National City area.

hoozdapimp

San Diego, CA

I am in Santee, so I guess I'm still stuck at 2 for the time being?

cadillact

join:2006-08-05
Chula Vista, CA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 edit
reply to Jameson

Well for the first time in years I actually got what I pay for during prime time. (No slowdown) I have only tested it for one day. So success on day 1 at least. I didnt even know about the extra bonded channels. We had an outage here yesterday night. So i reset the modem(troubleshoot) and voila I had more channels. The modem had been running for 131 days without a reboot before yesterday.

The only question now is how long will this last?

I have seen this several times in the past. Eventually the speed drops during prime to below paying speed.(14 years with cox internet)

I'm in zip 91913, Chula Vista east of 805

PS! Should I tell this to my neighbours? Two of them downgraded to lower speed. If I tell them and they upgrade then i might be slow again.

Anon00
Premium
join:2001-09-25
USA
reply to SDKiwi

said by SDKiwi:

You should see an improvement [more bonded channels] this week if you live in the Chula Vista/National City area.

I received a Call from Cox asking how my service was yesterday, I think to highlight some upgrades. Noticed I have all 8 channels bonded (Downstream). I don't live in those areas (La Mesa), but hey, its all good.

Now if only Cox would bond upstream+boost our upload Cloud computing/storage is increasing our upload requirements.

PS I'm at the maximum Tier. Ultra/Super/whatever
--
"Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." - Friedrich Nietzsche
"'It's the law' is just an excuse for the unintelligent and unimaginative to remain that way" - Me

Dano

@cox.net

Will COX San Diego ever hire some quality people that can clean up the CR***Y signal in san diego? In the last 2 days I got 400thousand correctable errors and 1200 uncorrectable errors but they told me smoke ping don't reflect and packet loss. The screen shot they sent me looks like they edited it in about 3 places? And its not just my home my office has 65% packet loss we had a guy out last year from cox to clean the office modem up I aske how far can you run RG6 before you have to use the larger cable ? responce was I don't no.

Dano

@cox.net

Has COX turned off logs on the Docsis 3 modems? My old surfboard updated every few hours. My ney COX supplied modem hasent updated logs since I rebooted it oct,14,12

nobogies

join:2012-09-20
Mountain View, CA
reply to Jameson

I will be down in San Diego next week and need to help my daughter troubleshoot her bandwidth. She is not an ultimate tier, but has a Docsis 3 modem. Should I see bonded downstream channels even on a modem of a customer who has ~20Mbps service? Any thoughts on must have stuff running on my laptop?

I hate playing SysAdmin.

SDKiwi
VIP
join:2002-05-27
El Cajon, CA
kudos:2
reply to hoozdapimp

Let me know if you see some extra downstreams tomorrow.... a temp fix in a part of East County to add some additional downstreams, but not a full 8 D3 Downstreams yet in that area.

Jameson
Premium
join:2004-05-28
united state
reply to nobogies

said by nobogies:

I will be down in San Diego next week and need to help my daughter troubleshoot her bandwidth. She is not an ultimate tier, but has a Docsis 3 modem. Should I see bonded downstream channels even on a modem of a customer who has ~20Mbps service? Any thoughts on must have stuff running on my laptop?

I hate playing SysAdmin.

It's going to depend on whether her CMTS has the available channels. Post your results.

hoozdapimp

San Diego, CA
reply to SDKiwi

Awesome, seeing 4 bonded downstream channels now. If I can see 8, I will be upgrading back to ultimate.

With 4 bonded channels, I haven't noticed any slow downs at night anymore.

nobogies

join:2012-09-20
Mountain View, CA
reply to Jameson

Just a quick note. I checked my daughters modem. She has 3Mbps service and a Docsis 3 modem - near Old Town in San Diego. Her modem is DS bonding on 8 channels and US bonding on 4 channels. Since most posts are from Premiere customers I thought would be interesting to know that even entry level service is bonding.

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:14
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by nobogies:

Just a quick note. I checked my daughters modem. She has 3Mbps service and a Docsis 3 modem - near Old Town in San Diego. Her modem is DS bonding on 8 channels and US bonding on 4 channels. Since most posts are from Premiere customers I thought would be interesting to know that even entry level service is bonding.

Bonding is tier agnostic, it is simple a function of hardware.(on both sides, CPE and CMTS)