Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to majortom1029

Re: hmm

said by majortom1029:

I guewss for certain areas this works but I do not see cord cutting saving me money in the long run.

Everyone doesn't fit the same profile. Some people cut the cord but expect to find substantially the same content elsewhere (network's site, Hulu, season episodes on DVD with Netflix once they are delayed, etc). Others may get what they can from freely available sources, and just settle for other content to fill the available time void. And finally, some will just say screw it and do something more productive with their time.

We cut the cord several months ago. We don't currently pay for any additional subscriptions (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime). Kids already played video games a decent amount of time, so any subscription during that time is wasted. And the amount of reading the family does as a whole as skyrocketed. If a greatly discounted package became available we might consider it, but I doubt we'd resubscribe at this point.

Rekrul

join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT
said by cdru:

Everyone doesn't fit the same profile. Some people cut the cord but expect to find substantially the same content elsewhere (network's site, Hulu, season episodes on DVD with Netflix once they are delayed, etc). Others may get what they can from freely available sources, and just settle for other content to fill the available time void. And finally, some will just say screw it and do something more productive with their time.

You left out the people who simply go to The Pirate Bay and download whatever they want. You can't deny that that's happening.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
said by Rekrul:

You left out the people who simply go to The Pirate Bay and download whatever they want. You can't deny that that's happening.

That part was covered by "Others may get what they can from freely available sources". Not everything on every channel is available on TPB or other non-legal sources, especially in a timely manner. Some series on the lesser watched networks just don't generate the interested to get them pirated. Or time-sensitive content such as sporting events aren't all that useful when they don't get posted until at least several hours after the event has finalized. Some people might want to see their favorite football team still when they play MNF, blacked out, or they live out of market, but most probably just watch the highlights online or read about it.

Rekrul

join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT
said by cdru:

Not everything on every channel is available on TPB or other non-legal sources, especially in a timely manner. Some series on the lesser watched networks just don't generate the interested to get them pirated.

I know what you mean. Try and find copies of R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour!