spc
uniqs
StLCardsFan
join:2011-06-06
Lafayette, LA

StLCardsFan to JPL

to JPL

Re: Thought FIOS TV was the best until I saw this. Wow

youre reaching my man. Verizon isn't offering something that is 100 or 1000 x's faster for half the price either.

In our economy ... price is king.

As far as the phone goes ... google voice on an android phone is ummm... free provided you have wifi (and oh yeah i forgot wifi in your 1gbit symmetrical home).

again ..can't really compete with free. An educated consumer is googles best friend.

For those that simply can't live without a pots line (for whatever reason) add 20 bucks a month.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

You're right. Price is king! Which is why what you're saying isn't correct. It's more than just price, btw, it's value. What do I get for my money? Speed is far from the only consideration.

As for someone who 'needs' POTS...sigh. That's most of the country. Most people want voice service in their home beyond their cell phones. Hell, I have 4 cell phones in my house, and I STILL want home phone service.

Again, you're projecting your own preferences. I'm telling you what most consumers want. You're telling me what YOU want. If what you want is representative of most of the country, then fine. But it isn't. You're in the minority. Not saying that your choices are bad. Not at all. Every consumer decides what works for them. What I am saying is that if Google doesn't get a certain number of consumers, this whole thing goes belly up. Doesn't matter how much faster they are.

As for the Verizon comment, you totally missed my point. I NEVER said that Verizon offered anything like that. Where did I say that? I used a story to illlustrate a point. The point being that Verizon's analysis of the effects of the loophole indicate that the DBS companies (not Verizon... the DBS companies) are hurt because they don't have access to CSN Philly. And it hurts them in this market badly. The point of that is this: channels matter. NOT having probably the most popular cable channel in your lineup will matter a great deal. Not having it will prevent you from picking up the number of consumers you need to make your venture work. That was my point. I'm not stretching at all. I was making a point.