spc
Search similar:

uniqs
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

[Rant] I tell ya......

These NEW SMALLER CAPS they put on soda bottles,etc ARE COMPLETE CRAP!!!!! (They were fine the way they were before! (BIGGER AND EASIER TO OPEN!!))

I cant even open them 1/2 the time.. I got a 2 liter Pepsi in the fridge,i was gonna have some before but i CANT GET THE FUCKA THING OPEN!!!!!!

I tried using one of those GRIP things and i still cant!!!

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS STUPID WORLD AND ALL THE CRAP/TRASH THATS INFECTING IT!!

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

What the heck are you talking about?
urmom
Premium Member
join:2010-10-18
Pittsburg, KS

urmom

Premium Member

I think he's referring to how lots of bottled drinks have caps that are more shallow than they were a few years ago.

I don't have any problems with them.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Yup exactly what im referring to... THEY ARE HARDER TO GET A GRIP ON AND OPEN!!!!!!

Why does everything have to BE SMALL AS CAN BE? -- Totally stupid and un-needed!

bitemeboy
join:2005-04-06
Otego, NY

1 recommendation

bitemeboy to 19579823

to 19579823

Re: [Rant] I tell ya......

Yes, overcoming packaging in this day and age, can be an adventure! Sitting and typing on a computer 24/7 is certainly not conducive to keeping your hands/fingers in shape for the ordeal. May I humbly suggest you take a trip to Wally Worlds' sporting department and purchase a set of those hand spring squeezers. Soon you will not only be able to wrench those pesky Pepsi caps off, those plastic clam-shell containers will be torn asunder by your mighty grip!!!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Don't forget to get a dumbbell, helpout those arm muscles so once you can grip it you also have more arm power to turn the crap outa it.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Ah man!!

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

Dude, you need to get a grip...

on that bottle, I find them no more difficult to open. Maybe don't shake it up before hand? Another option is to lightly tap the cap with a spoon or pen or something handy to loosen it up a bit.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to 19579823

to 19579823

Re:  

On the Poland Spring bottles, there's a warning that the small cap is a CHOKING HAZARD to children.

Poland Spring's new motto: "Save a Dollar, Choke a Toddler"

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3 to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

Adjustable pliers. They grab about anything. I keep a pair in the kitchen. If it's paper or cardboard - an exacto knife works well.

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4

Re:  

said by Bob4:

On the Poland Spring bottles, there's a warning that the small cap is a CHOKING HAZARD to children.

So the cap that was 20% larger wasn't a choking hazard? Of course it was.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

said by Gbcue:

Actually, no, it wasn't, and the old bottles did not have a warning. The new bottles have a warning on them.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

Any cap on those bottles is a choking hazard, even the ones before the new design. What is that thing that parents use for their young kids? if it fits down a paper towel tube, it is a choking hazard?

Anyways, the caps arent an issue for poland spring..it is the friggin new bottles that go along with it. They are so thin now to save plastic I think they should be classified as water bags instead.

Off topic, but Poland Springs two bottling plants up here are insane. We studied them quite a bit in college.
PrntRhd
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

PrntRhd to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

»www.abledata.com/abledat ··· tinued=0

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4

Re:  

said by Bob4:

said by Gbcue:

Actually, no, it wasn't, and the old bottles did not have a warning. The new bottles have a warning on them.

Yes it was still a choking hazard. You know why the warning is on that bottle now? Because stupid people who let their children put bottle caps in their mouths like to get sue happy. They are just attempting to limit their liability. Expect more companies to follow soon.
scross
join:2002-09-13
USA

scross to 19579823

to 19579823

Dude111 is right! When those new, smaller caps first came out I found them nearly impossible to open (I have strong hands, but they are larger than most). Some of the local bottlers have since switched to larger knurls on the smaller caps, which are much easier to grip, or have backtracked to slightly larger cap sizes, but I still regularly find myself having to grab something to use to assist with opening, or (worse) using my teeth to open them.

To add insult to injury, even after many years now Dr. Pepper (or at least their local bottler) STILL hasn't fixed the problem with their formula where their bottles may spew unexpectedly and for no good reason. Meaning that I may have to struggle to get one open to begin with, only to be soaked with sticky cola afterwards! None of the other sodas do this.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Yea its quite disgusting.... EVERYTHING AND I MEAN EVERYTHING IS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE!!!!!

alg
Passionately apathetic
Premium Member
join:2001-04-10
Houston, TX

5 recommendations

alg to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

It is amazes me that you manage to even make it through the day.
Expand your moderator at work