All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
falken98
join:2003-01-16
Florence, KY

falken98

Cancelling service the only way to save?

Looks like Insight takes a "The more you cancel, the more you save!" approach. I have talked to various CSRs and they all tell me the only way to save is to cancel my service for 30 days or more. If I cancel cable and internet and sign back up after 30 days I will save $29/mo, if I cancel just internet and sign back up I will save $15/mo.

I am ok with cancelling for a month to save $348 a year, but it seems like a bad business move on their part. I am more than willing to sign another 1 year contract, but they want me to cancel service for 30 days first. Do they really think this is a good business move?

They tell me they can rebundle my account but that will only save me $8/mo.

YogiYahooeys
join:2004-08-17
Evansville, IN

YogiYahooeys

said by falken98:

Looks like Insight takes a "The more you cancel, the more you save!" approach. I have talked to various CSRs and they all tell me the only way to save is to cancel my service for 30 days or more. If I cancel cable and internet and sign back up after 30 days I will save $29/mo, if I cancel just internet and sign back up I will save $15/mo.

I am ok with cancelling for a month to save $348 a year, but it seems like a bad business move on their part. I am more than willing to sign another 1 year contract, but they want me to cancel service for 30 days first. Do they really think this is a good business move?

They tell me they can rebundle my account but that will only save me $8/mo.

Pre-TWC, Insight would allow you to reverse back to new customer pricing for a 1 time fee of $25. I'm not sure how things are working under TW.

Heck, I did just that last year and just received my rate increase postcard in the mail last week. I can already tell you a difference between TW and Insight in that respect. On the previous postcards I've received, it was always clearly stated how much per month my rate was going to go up. On this new postcard, post TWC? Nothing. It will be interesting to see what my new rate is going to be. I'm hanging on by a thread. DirecTV is calling me.
koebner
join:2006-07-18
Lexington, KY

koebner

I had Insight for years and the only regret I have from switching to DirecTV is that I didn't do it sooner. They have been a real pleasure to deal with, and you can get discounts that cable would never give.
The HD is better, and so is the equipment. As a new subscriber, you would get a real sweet deal.
mharbeson
join:2003-03-23
Jeffersonville, IN

mharbeson

I have also experienced the same. They are running ads that only new customers can have - and they want to charge $25 to give you a crappy deal compared to what a new customer gets. Even after the $25 it does not stack up price wise to the competition:

I also moved the phone back to AT&T - as I never use long distance - and as it is now only $18/month compared to $35 a month.

I have moved internet to AT&T for $20/month. Yes it maxes out at 6m but I am paying a hell of a lot less.

At each step I told the CSR what would happen, and what the next result would be to which they cared not.

I would have moved TV next, but so far neither Direct or Dish can offer a package which is better priced for 6 TV's over the full 2 year required agreement they both require. That said - if they would offer something I would move in a heartbeat.
falken98
join:2003-01-16
Florence, KY

falken98

I can switch providers for internet for $9.99/mo (promo rate obviously), it is not under a contract. So I can cancel insight, use them for a month, then sign back up. I would stay with them but insight offers much faster speeds.

Just not sure what to do with TV... could switch back to DirecTV but that would be for 2 years. I will have to price it out to see if that is worth it over the whole 2 years or not.

They have almost seemed excited for me to cancel "No problem! Just return the equipment and we will disconnect service for you right away!". Someone should remind them what it costs to get new customers. As it is at a minimum they need to process my equipment return, then deliver me another modem and install it 31 days later.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose to falken98

to falken98
I would say pre-TWC Insight in Columbus especially could give a good foxtrot what you did. Offering to turn you off on x day, and that has only gotten worse, and is clear why they were finally bought by TWC. Once the Insight/Comcast agreement ended is when Insight took a nose dive on caring. In a way I wish Comcast took over back then vs delaying the inevitable to have TWC do it.

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium Member
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN

ARGONAUT to falken98

Premium Member

to falken98
Since a cable monopoly is in place on public property that only leaves us a few non-cable options.