uniqs
share rss forum feed

Krellan

join:2001-06-06
Castro Valley, CA
reply to GmDude66

Re: SB6120 Firmware Updated (7/19/12)

I'm in Castro Valley, CA.

My modem got stuck and needed a reboot, so I power cycled it, and also received the firmware upgrade just a few days ago:

quote:
Model Name: SB6120
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.6-SCM00-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot 1.0.0.4m1
Hardware Version: 3.0
Serial Number: 317001026603836405040011
Firmware Build Time: Apr 17 2012 15:09:37

Name of configuration file = d11_m_sb6120_silver_c01.cm

Good to see this upgrade! I checked for an IPv6 address, and unfortunately, no love yet.

Does something specific have to be done to enable an IPv6 address, or is it something you just automatically pick up when Comcast chooses to flip the switch on their side? My router already supports IPv6 and automatically searches for an address on each interface. It only found the link-local address (starting with fe80::) which doesn't work, but this tells me that at least it's searching.

Josh

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by Krellan:

I checked for an IPv6 address, and unfortunately, no love yet.

Does something specific have to be done to enable an IPv6 address, or is it something you just automatically pick up when Comcast chooses to flip the switch on their side? My router already supports IPv6 and automatically searches for an address on each interface. It only found the link-local address (starting with fe80::) which doesn't work, but this tells me that at least it's searching.

Josh

If your router supports the DHCP method that Comcast uses, it should be automatic (although some routers may need to be manually set to use DHCP for IPv6 instead of depending on automatic detection).

I don't have Comcast's native IPv6 at my location yet and my Netgear router does not automatically detect Comcast't 6to4 tunnel (I have to manually select that in the router's IPv6 setup page), but my directly connected server boxes automatically connect to Comcast's 6to4 tunnel. I suspect that when I do get Comcast's native IPv6, I may have to setup my Netgear router for either DHCP or Fixed instead of automatic detection (but I won't know until it happens, especially since Comcast has been keeping mum about how they are going to handle business class static IP accounts).
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:24

(topic move) I received two blocks of IPv6 addresses?

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 1 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »[IPv6] I received two blocks of IPv6 addresses?