uniqs
share rss forum feed

Xenomorph

join:2000-06-10
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter

OK, I'm done. I want CALL BLOCK.

We've been receiving calls from some random bill collector(s) trying to get money from Jamie, James, Nicky, Gary, Gerald or whomever - Vonage visual voicemail seems to have trouble deciding what name is being said.

My house phone has a pseudo call block. The phone rings once, THEN displays the blocked number, then hangs up. I'd prefer the phone remain silent until caller ID information is received.

Since I can't find a phone that waits for Caller ID before it rings, and Vonage can't seem to upgrade their ancient systems, I'm done.

Google Voice won't port my number, and I don't feel like porting to T-Mobile first, then porting to Google. Besides, most calls I got were this harassing bill collector that has the wrong number - I will just cancel and lose my home number. I've only had it for 5 years or so.

montysimmons

join:2003-10-16
Easley, SC
google voice has a good call block feature but google voice seems to simply be a call forwarding service.

IF you had two phone numbers and two google voice numbers (which are free) then you could forward number 1 to number 2 via google voice #1 and number 2 to number 1 via goole voice #2 and then use the google voice call blocking feature.

Then all calls would go through google voice and you can block any number you wish easy.

treichhart

join:2006-12-12
reply to Xenomorph
I have a phone that have caller ID block so when you put that number in that block when it rings it will answer it then it will drop you will never hear the phone ring.

the phone I got is called :»www.uniden.com/bluetooth-phones/···d32802g/

I love this phone I would get it if you was you!!!!

Xenomorph

Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
I already have a phone like that.

the phone does this:

1) it RINGS LOUDLY
2) caller ID loads
3) it hangs up

the phone SHOULD do this:

1) silent first ring
2) caller ID loads
3) it hangs up

a phone should be SILENT until AFTER the caller ID information is loaded.
I don't know how this mind blowing concept goes beyond the mental capabilities of companies that manage to build phones in the first place.

I don't need a phone ringing at 3 AM, even once.

treichhart

join:2006-12-12
reply to Xenomorph
My phone dont ring at all when you got a caller blocked so what ever phone you got is junk.

If you want me to I can post a youtube of my phone what mine does.
Expand your moderator at work

Matthewb

join:2000-02-09
Crofton, MD
reply to Xenomorph

Re: OK, I'm done. I want CALL BLOCK.

said by Xenomorph:

I already have a phone like that.

the phone does this:

1) it RINGS LOUDLY
2) caller ID loads
3) it hangs up

the phone SHOULD do this:

1) silent first ring
2) caller ID loads
3) it hangs up

a phone should be SILENT until AFTER the caller ID information is loaded.
I don't know how this mind blowing concept goes beyond the mental capabilities of companies that manage to build phones in the first place.

I don't need a phone ringing at 3 AM, even once.

Same situation Xenomorph. My Panasonic does the same thing: one ring, checks the number and plays a fast busy tone for a few seconds and hangs up (if the number is blocked).

I've been with Vonage since July '05. I like the service a lot and don't plan on getting rid of it. I still can not believe they don't offer call blocking. That would be my one and only complaint about the service.
--
Matt

Tig

join:2006-06-29
Carrying Place, ON
reply to Xenomorph
I'm with VOIP MS and if I block a call it does not ring. It does not even show up in my call detail report. From my end, it's like it never happened.
On the other end, the blockee hears the message I choose. Usually "number not in service"

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to Xenomorph
Sure would be sweet to be able to block numbers through the Vonage system and shouldn't be that tough with today's technology!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
reply to Xenomorph
I will be cancelling my Vonage service at the end of next month. The lack of Call Blocking Service is the ONLY reason I will be cancelling. I like the service and have never had any issues with it EXCEPT the lack of Call Blocking.

sandytrat

join:2002-11-03
Columbus, OH
Yes I really need call blocking as well.

Xenomorph

Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Xenomorph
I just called & cancelled.

They first offered me a $9.99 / 200 minute plan to stay. "No, thanks."

They then offered me a $9.99 "Unlimited" plan to stay. "No, thanks."

He said "I see you've been a customer for almost 4 years, is something wrong with the service?" ... The service is great. Reliable, great call quality. I've had *zero* issues over the years. Except for call block.

CALL BLOCK.

CALL BLOCK.

Even AT&T will block calls (for $5 a month). Why can't Vonage?

I made sure to tell the guy several times "you're making a note as to why I'm cancelling, right? I want CALL BLOCK. I want to BLOCK numbers. Make sure you're writing this down, okay?"

I've signed up with VoIP.ms (but may not use them). I didn't even bother trying to transfer my home phone number.

I just purchased an OBi100 (»www.amazon.com/OBi100-Telephone-···04LO098O), and have a dial tone at home now with my Google Voice number.

I told family a few weeks back not to call the house number. I give it out to the utility companies, our bank, etc. They're the ones that end up giving the number out. Now I can block them through Google's interface!