uniqs

QQCable
@teksavvy.com

QQCable to pleco

Anon

to pleco

Re: [Cable] Teksavvy Cable Constant Modem Restart [SB6120]

Hi Teddy

I have done the factory reset, no change after that.

from the Signal information my modem is running fine until it reboots...

unfortunately I can not access the modem while the signal drops and when I get access to it again everything is fine once again.

is there a way to log changes in signal/Power levels?

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

said by QQCable :

Not sure what to tell you in general. I do think you must have a line problem though. Try trading your modem with somebody to see if the problem goes with the modem to their place, or stays at your place even though you have their mdoem. And, let's see if anyone else chimes in on this.

In general, best to post the signal levels, even if they are obviously good values.

Some DSLR users created some cable modem logging stuff a few months ago (read thread for SB6120 stuff):
»[Cable] DCM476 Logger - Track Your Cable Modem Signal Levels, Et

tonytoronto
join:2007-10-31
Toronto, ON

tonytoronto to QQCable

to QQCable
said by QQCable :

Hi Teddy

I have done the factory reset, no change after that.

unfortunately I can not access the modem while the signal drops and when I get access to it again everything is fine once again.

That sounds a lot like what was happening to me, i loose access to modem when goes into its funk. You could remove signal cable from modem, that will also give you access but of course you can't see the signal From the logs looks like yours actually reboots, mine did that some months ago before i had upstream bonding, some of your logs are similar to mine back than, turned out cable termination at pole was bad.

Update;
looks like the internet gods are on my side, for the past 5-6 days been stable, nothing on logs, internet been fine. Not sure what happened, i know for sure had nothing to do with Rogers tech, as was ok 2 days or so before he visited. Nothing else changed on my end, so either Rogers finally fixed something or the wind blowing right way last few days.