United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to Mele20

Re: Is it possible to quit Google?

said by Mele20:

It no longer matters. The XPS 8500 is SERIOUSLY FLAWED. The PCIe ports are NON functional. Dell engineers have been trying to determine why but do not know and have no solution after the issue was first reported two months ago (when it was thought that the problem only involved eSATA cards in a PCIe x1 slot) but the problem is much worse than that. Hauppauge tuner card, Creative X-Fi Titanium card (that Dell lists as an order-able part for the 8500) and other PCIe x1 cards...NONE work. Sigh.

What about Dell XPS 8000 model?
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

I'm a little confused. You mean the nVidia GForce 8800GTX PCIe card? I'm not sure why you would want to put that old of a card on a new XPS 8500 machine but if you did I doubt it would work.

Dell liaison posted about a hour ago in the thread at Dell forums and said that this matter of non functional PCIe x1 slots on the new Dell XPS 8500 "has been escalated to the highest levels. Many eyes are on it."

This Dell employee has offered the two Dell certified PCIe Creative cards that Parts lists for the 8500 free to the first two USA 8500 owners who contact him. Dell wants them to test the cards and report if the cards are found by the operating system and report back to him.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Mele20:

I'm a little confused. You mean the nVidia GForce 8800GTX PCIe card? I'm not sure why you would want to put that old of a card on a new XPS 8500 machine but if you did I doubt it would work.

Dell liaison posted about a hour ago in the thread at Dell forums and said that this matter of non functional PCIe x1 slots on the new Dell XPS 8500 "has been escalated to the highest levels. Many eyes are on it."

This Dell employee has offered the two Dell certified PCIe Creative cards that Parts lists for the 8500 free to the first two USA 8500 owners who contact him. Dell wants them to test the cards and report if the cards are found by the operating system and report back to him.

Sorry I meant Dell XPS 8000 model. I fixed my typo.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

1 recommendation

Oh, ok. This problem is only on the new XPS 8500 desktop.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Mele20:

Oh, ok. This problem is only on the new XPS 8500 desktop.

Thanks.