All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Christopher
@comcast.net

Christopher to Moffetts

Anon

to Moffetts

Re: [Speed] Northeast speed changes coming.

I just got the upgrade here, at least on the upload side. I currently have Blast and my download is still at 30mbps. Upload has doubled though to 10+ mbps. Modem (TM502G 3 in 1 Arris) has been powercycled. Any ideas?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

2 recommendations

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Christopher :

I just got the upgrade here, at least on the upload side. I currently have Blast and my download is still at 30mbps. Upload has doubled though to 10+ mbps. Modem (TM502G 3 in 1 Arris) has been powercycled. Any ideas?

Perhaps get a DOCSIS 3 modem? You aren't going to get ~50mbps downstream with your current modem.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

1 recommendation

Chris 313 to Christopher

Premium Member

to Christopher
said by Christopher :

Agreed. You need to get in touch with Comcast and have your modem swapped out for a Docsis 3 modem. Go here: »Comcast Direct and talk to Comcast Steve, explain your situation, post your account info and contact info and he'll get you square.
sendjunkmail
join:2008-08-01

sendjunkmail to Christopher

to Christopher
Are you directly connecting (wired) or using a wireless connection? I found that wireless G was maxing out in the high 30's and wireless N is able to get the full bandwidth.

Also some wireless routers have a QOS setting which could be throttling the connection. Either turn off QOS on the wirelss router or if there are settings that would allow you to set the upload and download speed, set them to higher than your connection meaning 50/10 set it to 65/15 to not limit the additional throughput you can get above 50/10.