EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms

[Affaires] 10Mb vs 15Mb

Wondering what other small businesses are deciding with regards to Videotron's plan changes.
I have a choice to auto-renew 10Mb, unlimited, static ip for 12 months, or lock-in @ 36 mths to 15Mb plan, static ip, 500G(b or B)? for the same price as the old 12 mth plan.
I'm thinking auto renew for 12 mths, as 36 mths is too long for me to commit.
--
~ Project Hope ~

nrgyz

join:2006-01-23
Quebec, QC

As a small business (~50 users) the best choice for us is to auto-renew for unlimited 10/1.5mbps, as we don't want to monitor bandwidth usage for every users.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
canada

That's what I'm leaning towards, but I have 900Kb up.

GuiGQc

join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC
reply to nrgyz

said by nrgyz:

As a small business (~50 users) the best choice for us is to auto-renew for unlimited 10/1.5mbps, as we don't want to monitor bandwidth usage for every users.

+1 I'd choose the 10Mbps unlimited 12 months well over the 15Mbps 500GB (yes it's B, not b) 36 Months.

DoBoY

join:2011-12-14
reply to EUS

Your'e saying they will keep you on the grand fathered unlimited plan when you auto-renew? Are you sure? because I am changing to teksavy in a month for precisely that reason that they will impose the 500GB limit to my unlimited plan that expires in September even if i auto renew for 12 months.

I was under the impression that the unlimited was over as soon as your contract was. Ie.. the 500GBs limit started last October but i had just auto-renewed for a year in September so they had to keep me unlimited until my contract was up, then they would impose the 500GB limit on my next contract

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms

The letter I received Monday was very clear that I would be auto-renewed for 12 months on the old plan if i did not call in time. Out of curiosity, I called in, made sure that auto renewing was possible. From the call center's response it seems to me that there may be more than one letter circulating.
What did your letter say?
--
~ Project Hope ~

DoBoY

join:2011-12-14

I have not receive my letter yet but when I spoke to a rep at videotron was told that the 500GB limit would only apply to me once my contract ended. which is in sept.

I woul dmake dang sure if i was you! and get it in writing if possible

But either way it costs me the same price to get teksavy @ 30Mbps/2Mbps than it did for videotron business 8/1

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms

I have it in writing, by way of the letter trying to sell me on 15 meg 500G plan.
From the letter:
"MODIFICATION DU TARIF MENSUEL
Si vous decidez de conserver votre forfait Internet Haute Vitesse Extreme.... blah blah.... le tarif... sera majore de 2$"
So they're upping the unlimited by $2 for no reason, but I can keep it at least.
--
~ Project Hope ~