uniqs
share rss forum feed

thecybernerd
Premium
join:2007-01-05
Great Falls, VA
reply to ITALIAN926

Re: IDIOT

the whole point of the Google Fiber project is not for "todays applications" but for tomorrows applications. They want to foster innovation that is only possible with this much bandwidth.

xenophon

join:2007-09-17
Also, most services have very low uplink speed or charge a lot for more uplink. There will be a lot of future apps that take advantage of faster uplink.

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
said by xenophon:

Also, most services have very low uplink speed or charge a lot for more uplink. There will be a lot of future apps that take advantage of faster uplink.

big time, I think we may even soon see a web os (litterly on the cloud idea) in such a idea the upload is needed to speed up to 20-40mbps to really use it..

storage is getting cheap and companies are competing on the cloud storage areas I would not be surprised if we don't see some one come along and beat Google 1tb.. that being said we need more speed

buzz_4_20

join:2003-09-20
Limestone, ME
Many users already have a need for that kind of upload.

Lets not forget what small to mid-size business needs.

xenophon

join:2007-09-17
Google is not targeting small/medium biz but I imagine after a year of eval, if they decide to stay in ISP biz, they'll allow SMBs. They've given some indication it's a future thing.

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
reply to Cobra11M
said by Cobra11M:

said by xenophon:

big time, I think we may even soon see a web os (litterly on the cloud idea) in such a idea the upload is needed to speed up to 20-40mbps to really use it..

Something like Chrome OS maybe?
--

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
said by bobjohnson:

said by Cobra11M:

said by xenophon:

Something like Chrome OS maybe?

yup forgot about that haha