uniqs
Cobra11M
join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

Cobra11M to OmagicQ

to OmagicQ

Re: Bring on the 10gigabit service!

said by OmagicQ:

"Google also ignores that Verizon and Cable Labs are already working on delivering bandwidth performance ten times faster than Google Fiber."

Yeah! I could finally get some use out of my gigabit ethernet adapter... or will I need to get a 10gig adapter? Better make sure I enable jumbo frames

Not all cable co's can push that, on top of that yes u would need a 10gig adapter..

but thats besides the point.., whats after 10gbps for cable? NOTHIN its copper wire.. and cause of that it wont ever fully match up to fiber ever, We also have to worry about the nodes which kinda makes me wonder if comcast can really push 300mbps because with 2 blocks of familys on one node would be pushing the node completely.. but then again as fast as people would be getting their work done it might not have the congestion? wonder if anyone could answer that for me

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

I don't understand the fiber part of the HFC systems so I have a question. What is stopping the cablecos from converting to FTTH? Everything on the poles in most areas is already fiber so how much would it take for them to catch up?

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

said by bobjohnson:

I don't understand the fiber part of the HFC systems so I have a question. What is stopping the cablecos from converting to FTTH? Everything on the poles in most areas is already fiber so how much would it take for them to catch up?

It's more like fiber to the node. It's coax from there out.