/wtfface

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to TigerLord

EA shareholders must be livid. What an embarrassing failure for EA.

Even sadder is that ridiculous expansion with Pandas will probably get more subscribers back in WoW than SWTOR ever had.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
reply to TigerLord

think i might try it out now lol
--
Good evening!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to TigerLord

What are the stipulations?

Must be millions in unrecouped losses.

Mcrobrewer
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ
reply to TigerLord

said by TigerLord:

Lol, that didn't take long

Heh I called it back in May

»Re: SWTOR

Sadly it is a bad game.
--
Obama is a liar.... a cheat... a person of low moral character... the least common denominator...

BigReds42
Premium
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

said by Mcrobrewer:

said by TigerLord:

Lol, that didn't take long

Heh I called it back in May

»Re: SWTOR

Sadly it is a bad game.

It's not a bad game... it's a bad MMO. It actually just a pay to pay KOTOR 3

Beef7

join:2012-05-16
reply to TigerLord

GUESS I FOUND ANOTHER F2P GAME TO PLAY!

WOOT

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to TigerLord

Now I can play it properly... here's hoping that half the good stuff doesn't become pay-to-win like so many free-to-play stuff has become.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Long Island

said by C0deZer0:

Now I can play it properly... here's hoping that half the good stuff doesn't become pay-to-win like so many free-to-play stuff has become.

Doesn't seem too bad:

»www.swtor.com/free/features

Special currency for paid players:

»www.swtor.com/free
--
Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

According to their site F2P will launch sometime in the fall.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to TigerLord

I enjoyed the game but after you get off the starting planet, the long long walk through capital cities that feels empty is kind of sad. That was still okay but my characters never felt epic. Taking 20 swings with a light saber to kill a normal guy kind of sucks. Even after you get the scooter going across a big ass desert was annoying. After a while I just gave up.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to TigerLord

The reason I stopped playing was because I could never find people to run flashpoints. The web site says the free version will only offer limited access to flashpoints and no operations. That's not going to get me to come back.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

said by footballdude:

The web site says the free version will only offer limited access to flashpoints and no operations. T

that's bs, won't even waste the time downloading then
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

This game to me was awful from day one. I started playing in the first beta, and then did early access. The cinematic questing experience was fun for about 2 hours, then I just wanted it to go away. I agree with the person who said after the first planet, it was just a boring empty world. Spending an hour looking for a dungeon was not my cup of tea, either - and waiting for people to watch cutscenes in dungeons was the nail in the coffin.

MaxPowers

join:2010-07-30
Roy, UT
reply to TigerLord

Being a big SW nerd I really wanted this game to succeed. I bought the CE w/ 6mos sub, that said I haven't logged in in about a month Talk about a waste of money...

Free option looks like garbage also;
- can only run a number of FP/Warzones
- no operations
- limited gtn posting
- limited fast travel

Basically if all you want is to level 1-50 you can play free, anything else you gotta sub.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to TigerLord

This is why I am scared to invest time in MMO's anymore. They seem to all fail these days. InB4NeedForSpeedPodRacer.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
reply to TigerLord

I quit playing because they had no idea what they were doing when it came to.class balance and PvP. It was an enjoyable experience and I don't regret the money I spent on it, class stories and the FP and Operations were all very fun, albeit some of the latter being a bit generic.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to TigerLord

It was a fun single player game.

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
reply to MaxPowers

They might as well bring Galaxies back. SoE is better than EA/Bioware at MMO's at least. And that isn't saying much.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to TigerLord

Going completely F2P still won't even make my reinstall this game.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Phantasee

said by Phantasee:

This is why I am scared to invest time in MMO's anymore. They seem to all fail these days. InB4NeedForSpeedPodRacer.

I'm taking a chance on Guild Wars 2. Really impressed with the one Beta Weekend I got into with class abilities that have slick animations/feel to them and a fighting style that pops, and solid questing with minimal clicking, and it's only a one-time fee of $60, no subscription.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to Draiman

said by Draiman:

It was a fun single player game.

Personally I don't get why there is so much hate toward this game.

Is it just so much to ask to have something that isn't World of Warcraft all the goddamn time?

is it so much to ask to actually have something that lets you immerse yourself without having to be spammed with "LGF" this and other kinds of acronyms from a catch when you actually want to play for a cohesive, immersive story?

I'm tired of these MMOGs that want you to group from the word 'go' just to make it through the initial set of quests. I'm tired of these MMO's that try to ape the world of warcraft formula, because WoW bored me in just two days of when it used to be a 10-day trial. I'm tired of MMO's that focus on the same, tired, D&D style medieval formula. I'm tired of the freemium games where you have to pay to win (looking at you, Exteel ). I'm tired of MMOG's that decide to arbitarily cut 90% of the promised single-player content, offer NO incentives for those that bought it before going free, and then forced grouping in order to have anything else left to do (looking at you, Global Agenda ).

Is it really so much to ask to just have a proper, honest-to-goodness star wars RPG again? Oh, wait... that's why EA turned Kotor 3 into an MMOG. At least Bioware managed to make it feel more like a real successor to KoTOR than blatantly aping the WoW formula.

You know why I have a deep seated problem with Muhmorpugers? It's much the same reason Yahtzee does:
•I find it really distracting when I am approaching someone for a quest to finish or when I'm trying to complete an objective and can't, because some other douchebag used that same quest item in the world and it has to wait to respawn before I can
•In a proper single player RPG, my ability to complete quests and the decisions I make have the ability to actually matter. muhmorpugers by design cannot allow this because then it screws it up for late-comers to the party. Therefore, me defeating the big bad boss at the end of some planet doesn't have as much meaning to it if I can come back not even half an hour later and see someone else fighting it, too. ToR at least tried to solve this by having class/story areas where nobody else can enter unless you explicitly allow them to.
•ToR at least tried to solve another immsersion issue by allowing me to turn off the chat completely... because I personally find it pretty damned distracting and ruining of my ability to get sucked into the game when I see the chat window flooded with group invites or trade offers that I don't want to be seeing while I'm trying to complete a mission/quest.

What it boils down to is that it helps an RPG when my actions and decisions matter for more than just arbitrary level grinding or attempting to get better items and gear. As soon as you factor other people into it, it's as if all of that just magically goes into the grind machine they design for the game. ToR has thus far been the most tolerable and the furthest along in actually TRYING to SOLVE these issues, and all I see are a bunch of people hating on it because it's not WoW... who are usually the same kind of people that continue to bitch and moan about every single change done to their game, while still happily continuing to pay Blizzard by the truckload in hookers and blow. I'm also willing to bet that these are among the same people who defend Crysis 1 to their deathbed while crying and moaning about another game that actually looks better and plays smoother on the same hardware because it's "consolized"; like that's supposed to be some kind of derogatory comment.

I was set to have ToR be my "last chance" for the MMO genre, because of how many times I'd been burned by my experiences in so many others. So far, other than the current level 15 limit, I've not been overly disappointed. If nothing else, it's done more to solve the inherent problems that make so many MMO's suck than many here are willing to give it credit for.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
reply to Krisnatharok

Gonna try GW2 as well.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to C0deZer0

said by C0deZer0:

I was set to have ToR be my "last chance" for the MMO genre, because of how many times I'd been burned by my experiences in so many others. So far, other than the current level 15 limit, I've not been overly disappointed. If nothing else, it's done more to solve the inherent problems that make so many MMO's suck than many here are willing to give it credit for.

The early game is great, it's the later planets and the end game that sucks. Which is too bad, because TOR should have been so much more.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
reply to TigerLord

I'm still waiting for a good Sci Fi MMO. (As in not Eve)

Tehuno

join:2005-01-18
Bartlesville, OK
reply to TigerLord

wow that was fast. If star wars couldnt do it, good luck to any other subscription based MMO that tries to get a market share.

Zupe
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY
reply to TigerLord

I enjoyed SWTOR for a few months, and felt like I got my money's worth from it. It isn't a bad game at all, I just felt like the high level content was lacking. It was rather easy to gear up through relatively easy Operations at max level, which meant that there was then very little reason to run heroic flashpoints more than once or twice unless your gearing luck was extremely bad. The daily quests also got boring rather quickly, so there wasn't much worth doing other than either PvP, which I don't care for in most games, or Operations a couple of times a week, with very little else to fill in in between.

I think what Bioware tried to do with the game was quite different from the other MMORPGs out there, and they succeeded very well in making leveling a different, enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, at least when I was playing, they hadn't yet figured out how to carry that over to the end game play.

It looks like the free to play version will let people get a good taste of the leveling experience, which I think is the game's best quality, but won't give access to much of anything at endgame, which is (was?) already fairly limited, so it remains to be seen how successful that will be.
--
Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but "Snowball for Windows"?

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI
reply to C0deZer0

said by C0deZer0:

So far, other than the current level 15 limit, I've not been overly disappointed.

You got to Level 15? That takes a whole 2 hours? Come back with a real opinion when you've at least played the game for a while. I played it to L50 on a couple of toons, cleared the initial 2 raids on all difficulty levels, and the reason I dislike the game is not that it's "not wow" but because "it's not that good". I wanted it to be good, I really did... but it's not.
--
I'd take the time to insult your intelligence but you probably wouldn't get it.

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

said by Zyncotl:

said by C0deZer0:

So far, other than the current level 15 limit, I've not been overly disappointed.

You got to Level 15? That takes a whole 2 hours? Come back with a real opinion when you've at least played the game for a while. I played it to L50 on a couple of toons, cleared the initial 2 raids on all difficulty levels, and the reason I dislike the game is not that it's "not wow" but because "it's not that good". I wanted it to be good, I really did... but it's not.

Just ignore him. He has a bone to pick and hates WoW, therefore he has to extrapolate every situation into something it's not.

Also, level 15? lulz
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me