Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MUT308
Premium
join:2001-02-07
Oakland, CA

[New 85] Enh Shaman PvP axe help!

I just hit 85 on my Orc enhancement shaman. PvP is my priority (BGs until my gear makes arenas winnable). So are axes. First, I'm pretty sure I want to dual wield. Is this what I should be doing?

Some research has shown me that I want 2xNo'Kaled. This axe comes from a Dragon Soul which requires a raid which requires gear level 372 or above to use the raid finder. I just hit 85 and have greens and blues.

So being that the best dual wield PvP axes are unavailable for quite awhile, what should I do/use in the meantime?

I have one PvP set piece so far. It just seems silly to me to get all of my resilience gear before I can upgrade my shitty sub-85 weapons.
--
SSDTweaks.net - Optimizing your SSD for Windows - »ssdtweaks.net

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4

1 edit

said by MUT308:

First, I'm pretty sure I want to dual wield.

Yes.

said by MUT308:

I just hit 85 and have greens and blues.

Honor grind.

said by MUT308:

So being that the best dual wield PvP axes are unavailable for quite awhile, what should I do/use in the meantime?

Honor grind.

said by MUT308:

I have one PvP set piece so far. It just seems silly to me to get all of my resilience gear before I can upgrade my shitty sub-85 weapons.

Honor weapons.

Ruthless Gladiator's Pummeler

If you have gold, buy the Tankard O' Terror. (Or two)

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to MUT308

1st boss in Well of Eternity drops a 378 agility axe....get 2 of those.....

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

said by Skittles:

1st boss in Well of Eternity drops a 378 agility axe....get 2 of those.....

This, plus buying the ilvl 377 blue pvp stuff from the AH will make your honor grind for ruthless gear much less painful. If you get the full blue pvp set buy your honor weapons first since they will take you from 0 resil on weapons to a few hundred extra, then your relic slot since it's cheapest and go from there on the rest of the armor.

If you aren't doing arenas yet, you can run your weekly heroics and cap 1000 valor each week and convert on a 1:1 basis to conquest along with the conquest you get from winning BG's to buy the cataclysmic rings and cloak while you're still building honor for the ruthless armor set.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

MUT308
Premium
Oakland, CA

Thanks, folks! I was told by a friend to first get two set pieces of S11 for the +400 res two piece bonus (I went with hands first, will do shoulders next, as they are both the cheapest at 1650 honor points each). So while I'm grinding honor to get my shoulders, I'll also be going for that 378 agility axe.

Once I have my first two set pieces and that axe, what should I do? Complete the 5 piece set, then go for the other armor items (rings, trinkets, etc.)?
--

MUT308
Premium
Oakland, CA
reply to Skittles

Only found »www.wowhead.com/item=72828 in Well of Eternity via Wowhead.

It's a +174 agi axe.
--

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI

said by MUT308:

Only found »www.wowhead.com/item=72828 in Well of Eternity via Wowhead.

It's a +174 agi axe.

He meant item level 378 that itemizes for Agility.

Not +378 agility.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to MUT308

Just remember, the crafted blue pvp set has a bonus too, it won't stack with the honor point gear, but it has them. There is also blue crafted rings, neck and cloak to get. You'll want your PVP trinket from the honor vendor ASAP.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

MUT308
Premium
Oakland, CA

Okay, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the order of need to do:

1. Grind honor while doing all of the below.
2. Get PvP trinket.
3. Get good axes (options include Ruthless Gladiator's Cleaver (axe), Tankard O' Terror, No'Kaled (Dragon Soul raid), Trickster's Edge (Well of Eternity)).
4. Get PvP relic (Ruthless Gladiator's Relic of Triumph).
3. Get crafted blue PvP gear if I have the gold.
4. Finish my purple Ruthless Gladiator 5 piece set.
5. Get the rest of the purple Ruthless Gladiator PvP armor.

Thanks! I think I understand this now!
--

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

dont forget you can turn justice points into honor points... these count toward your season total, will help burn down the 7800 honor point requirement for the pvp axes.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to MUT308

Doesn't have to be an Axe.

Slow Maces, and Slow Fist weapons are good too.

MUT308
Premium
Oakland, CA

I'm an Orc, so I'd like to go with axes for "Expertise with Axes, Two-Handed Axes and Fist Weapons increased by 3."

Well I just looked that up, and didn't realize I get the bonus for fist weapons too! Nice, I like having options.
--

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI

Using your racial to pick your weapons will never be beneficial unless comparing two completely equal weapons.

Your priorities are backwards, reconsider.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to MUT308

If I were you this is what I would do.

1: Buy full set of ilvl377 Vicious PvP gear (crafted kind)

2: Spend your first 1650 Honor on PvP trinket

3: Grind WoE for Trickster's Edge and LFR for No'Kaled x2.

4: Convert all your Justice/Valor points to Honor/Conquest to buy PvP gear (gloves shoulders first).

5: Ensure you are running BH weekly

6: Be prepared to get wtfpwned A LOT while grinding Honor. And when I say A LOT, I mean A LOT.

I am nowhere near a god on my Enh Shaman (LFR No'Kaled x2 and 4.5k Resilience), but it isn't out of the ordinary for me to lead a BG in KBs AND deaths. A usual line for me soloing BGs is 2.5 mil dmg, 15-20 KBs and 8-10 deaths.

If Enhancement wasn't so much damn fun, I would forget about it completely for PvP. The rotation and playstyle make up for it's overall lack of defensive cooldowns and lack of a gap closer.

I'm probably over exagerating, but Shamanistic Rage is the only defensive cooldown that's use can be prevented with Silence...and after that we just have glyphed Stoneclaw Totem for defense. (YIKES!) We don't have a REAL dps cooldown either...as Spirit Wolves are more use as utility than pure burst DPS.

But I have to admit, it is really fun globaling a Warlock/Mage/Rogue with some lucky No'Kaled and Windfury procs.

At least we have PvE to hang our hats on.
--
McBrain#1558 - Barbarian/Monk

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”