how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

peg645

join:2012-07-31
Cherry Valley, NY

[HN7000S] Hughesnet/RR mail issues

A few weeks ago, e-mail sent to me from a friend with a RR account was held up for several hours. Having previously had RR in another location, and knowing how their mail can lag, I thought it was just their issue. I have a Huhgesnet e-mail address. Happened again a few days later when sis tried to send me an e-mail from their RR account. 16 hours, and 1 argument later, it finally arrived. Again, thought this was RR. The lag happened again in a few more RR e-mails.

Today I receive a call from an attorney/friend who had sent me a few e-mails, saying they had all been returned to her with an error message - saying that delivery failed, and e-mail was not available.

NOW, I suspect it is at the Hughesnet end. Had a long conversation with their technical department, and they already today have an "urgent" directive on it - said they are communicating with their e-mail client and are trying to resolve this. But the tech super only mentioned one other report of this.

Friend sent me the error report, which says, "client host blocked...using hosted email.com....(and a) spamcop.net (link)".

Nothing sent from any of my family/friends would be considered spam. Considering this problem has been evolving with e-mail sent ONLY from Roadrunner subscribers, I suspect there is some kind of nasty Roadrunner/Hughesnet divisive measure going on???

Anyone else have this problem? Don't find a google mention yet.

Thanks.

NB All 3 RR e-mail authors have RR accounts in different cities, albeit all on the East coast.

LoriGui

@rr.com

My cousin is having the same problem with Hughes.net. They claim it is not on their end though. Did you have any l luck resolving this?

Thanks...

Lori

peg645

Cherry Valley, NY

Seems ok so far today. Was expecting a call back this morning from Hughesnet as they wanted the specifics on my friend's bounced mail, but never heard from them. Then sent a test e-mail to my 3 contacts on RR, and asked all 3 to send me back an e-mail. They have all returned today. Although then I got an odd error on my Outlook saying my password didn't go through (during the usual check for e-mail). :-( But that finally straightened itself out. Hope it lasts.

peg645

Cherry Valley, NY
reply to peg645

Well, Hughesnet fixed this 2 weeks ago, and it is an issue again.

Why aren't they delivering some Roadrunner mail??!??

There was some mumbling about content which is ridiculous. My contacts w/ RR e-mail addresses are business and family.

Is there some kind of dispute happening?!?

peg645

Cherry Valley, NY
reply to peg645

I have had 4 days since my issue reappeared, 4 techs saying they are going to address it, and not one of them has returned my call when they said they would - I had not demanded/asked for a definite time/whatever. Not one of them has been of their word.

Up until now, I had been fairly happy with Hughesnet, and have had it most of the 11 years I've lived out here. I just need it to work for business purposes, not playing games, or downloading movies. So now their e-mail is a joke, too?

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

said by peg645:

So now their e-mail is a joke, too?

Technically, it's not "their" email. They outsourced their email service years ago. That said, I never use my @hughes.net address. For those stray emails that infrequently hit that account, I simply have a permanent mail forwarding order installed. Same with my otherwise unused Gmail and Microsoft accounts. Everything hitting those three "free" addresses is automatically forwarded to my pay account. Which - for $25 a year - has given me completely dependable and essentially unbroken service since 1998. Plus, it offers IMAP delivery - something you can't get with the freebies.

Like the man says, "ya gets what ya pays for".

/greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1001H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 15/MSIE9 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2012

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by grohgreg:

said by peg645:

So now their e-mail is a joke, too?

Plus, it offers IMAP delivery - something you can't get with the freebies.

Like the man says, "ya gets what ya pays for".

/greg//

FYI
Gmail has imap
I have several gmail accounts and have them all set to imap

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

Tnks for the info. Because of the mail forward order, I haven't been to the GMail web portal for years. I must assume that - when I originally had to register for some other Google service - they were only offering POP delivery

//greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1001H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 15/MSIE9 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2012