DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to 34764170

Premium Member

to 34764170

Re: my only gripe

Care to show me where it says that they are not allowed? You can start with your own ISP.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

1 recommendation

moldypickle

Premium Member

said by ArrayList:

Care to show me where it says that they are not allowed? You can start with your own ISP.

4. COMMERCIAL USE

If you are a commercial subscriber of Suddenlink, this paragraph 4 shall not apply to your subscription to the Internet but only to the extent that your subscription expressly addresses such use.

The Internet Service is provided for personal and family use within a single residential household. You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use, the Internet Service to operate any type of business or commercial enterprise or to use the Internet Service as an Internet service provider. You may set up one (1) Web page per e-mail account for personal use using the Internet Service, but you may not establish a web page using a server located at your home. You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use, your home computer as a Web Server, FTP Server, file server or game server or to run any other server applications. Customer will not resell or redistribute, or allow others to resell or redistribute, access to the Internet Service in any manner, including by wireless means.

From SuddenLink's latest updated file. Oddly enough SL terms seem to indicate I'm not even allowed hosting a game from my house, lol.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

yea that makes no sense. it's impossible to use the internet without technically having server applications on your computer.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to moldypickle

MVM

to moldypickle
said by moldypickle:

From SuddenLink's latest updated file. Oddly enough SL terms seem to indicate I'm not even allowed hosting a game from my house, lol.

If that's absolutely true/enforced, no more game consoles. That term must be broken by everyone in this day and age.