Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2

[Equipment] New Digital Loggers POE!

Click for full size
New Midspan! Replacing 7 POE bricks, works good on the bench! (or should I say towel covered washing machine)
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:6

How many watts per port?

Da Geek Kid

join:2003-10-11
::1
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to Inssomniak

you should always include the informative video... roflmao

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xgyQy7TG_Y

wolfcreek

join:2003-12-02
Pagosa Springs, CO

1 recommendation

reply to John Galt

They are 1 amp / 25 watts per port. We have installed about 5 of them so far and they work good

voxframe

join:2010-08-02
reply to Inssomniak

Got a shipment of 10 of them in a month ago. They work awesome!

I know their rating is kinda low for batteries. But they hold up two full size car batteries just fine. Takes a long time to charge them up, but also takes a long time to drain them.

Well worth the $$ so far. Just wish the ports could be switchable between 24/48 to take into account the new Ubnt gear that runs on 48.

Also wish the damn thing had proper SNMP with voltage readouts so I could actually monitor the freaking batteries and incoming power

OHSrob

join:2011-06-08
reply to Inssomniak

This product looks awesome and its video is even better.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
Cayuga, ON

said by OHSrob:

This product looks awesome and its video is even better.

I never saw the video before lol.
--
»www.optionsdsl.ca

jjgb10
Premium
join:2004-11-24
Kasson, MN
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Inssomniak

Just got one a few days ago and looks and feels high quality. Also didn't know it had the controls on the front now as the box, pictures, and manual don't reference it. This must be the third production run they did.

I would also love some voltage monitoring and alerts to let me know when AC power goes out. Email digital loggers and maybe they can add it with new software if they already have hardware that supports it.

OHSrob

reply to Inssomniak

Does this device support SNMP so you could have your monitoring software notify you if the power is out ?

edit: I just picked up a apc AP9617 for this exact reason but would prefer a product like this.

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5

Even if it doesnt do it via SNMP, does it have values in a web interface or via a CLI?

Should be possible to write a script to "screen scrape" and produce the required output to interface into a monitoring system.

Ive done it a few times for gear that doesnt offer anything decent (or anything at all) via SNMP. Ive written scripts to interface to Nagios and mon (both of which operate in a very similar way.)

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
Cayuga, ON
reply to Inssomniak

Poor man:

I plug in some device into non-backuped power, give it an IP that I can ping with X monitoring software (the dude), and if the power goes off, I get an email, lol.

EDIT: I just installed this thing today (not production yet) and the rack ears are too big for my rack, I had trim them with an angle grinder 1/4 inch off each side to get it to fit.

--
»www.optionsdsl.ca

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI

said by Inssomniak:

Poor man:

I plug in some device into non-backuped power, give it an IP that I can ping with X monitoring software (the dude), and if the power goes off, I get an email, lol.

That's what I do too, and it work quite well. I've been able to recycle a lot of RB133's for that purpose.

voxframe

join:2010-08-02
reply to Inssomniak

Inssomniak,

VERY RIGHT! And it downright pisses me off! I found out the hard way when I got up on a site and went to rack it with minimal tools only to find out there wasn't a chance in f*** it was going to happen.

I don't know what the engineers were smoking when they sized this thing, but it does NOT fit most 19" racks. I managed to get it to fit into a good clip-square-nut rack, but barely. If you're dealing with round screw hole racks, forget it, get a shelf.

OHSrob

reply to Inssomniak

said by Inssomniak:

Poor man:

That's an awesome idea