All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Zain
@direcway.com

Zain

Anon

[HN9000] Who is still having slow speeds and other issues.

I just contacted customer care again about it. Is anyone else here still having the slow speeds that started back in April and if you are, are you still under contract? Someone I know who lives about 20 miles from here says they aren't having any problems at all and they have the same system and data plan.
cookie324
join:2012-08-02
Fredericksburg, VA

cookie324

I have contacted Hughes on numerous occasions regarding slow speeds and taking 6 to 7 hours to download Itunes (75MB file). I was told by a tech support person named NANCY in India that the 275 kbps was what I should expect from my Hughes Pro plan and that I should not expect to get 1.2 mbps as that is what I am paying for. I was told I was getting the speeds that I was paying for and the system was workig fine and said goodby.
I am going to send a letter to the executive VP Adrian Morris at Hughes Network Systems, 11717 Exploration Lane in Germantown, MD.

mscoash
@direcpc.com

mscoash to Zain

Anon

to Zain
Sort of. I think I had the same issues as many others did during that time. After I complained enough on their community site it cleared up a bit. Pretty much back to normal. Then a couple weeks ago I started getting web acceleration errors. Basically spotty connection. I'm not getting the errors anymore but it just seems like it ebbs and flows. I'll be downloading a file and it will jump from 10Kb/s to 100Kb/s then back down.

I haven't called tech support this time because it drives me nuts talking to them. Have I tried rebooting the modem, bypassed my router, ...am I living underneath a thick grove of sycamores? I know they're supposed to start with that stuff first but give me a freaking break.
viperadamr
join:2006-05-06
Charlton, MA

viperadamr to Zain

to Zain
Not in general. But tonight I have noticed a large increase in TX errors. Last time this happened was during the outage a month or so back.
ricky_005
join:2012-01-17
united state

2 edits

ricky_005 to Zain

to Zain
Yes .... the service has deteriorated dramatically. I'm fed up with there crap.

How slow does the service have to get to file complaint for being under served, and request a monthly fee reduction.

Let me guess....Slower than a Dial-up ... if that's the case why not switch to a Dial-up... O but wait, you can't do that either because no one sells Dial-ups any longer.

I would drop them, but I have no other choice for internet!

ziggy20
@direcway.com

ziggy20

Anon

There are some free dial-ups available. I had a technician to my house yesterday. I noted to him that the free dial-up was giving me the same speed as the HughesNet Satellite (no shock). He worked on re-directing our satellite dish. Today I am using Dial-up again. It is more reliable.
NoCharge is one free dial-up available. There are others. And YES they really are free. I have had to use them for several months and I have had no phone charges hit my bill. We live in the sticks so there are no alternatives.

justnobody
@cox.net

justnobody

Anon

The problem with hughes, is its not a service people chose to use. You use it because there are no options. i.e live in the middle of nowhere. With that said, hughes knows you are stuck with them and as such doesn’t care about its internet service or customer service.
Sadly, im in the same boat – but not for long!

IF You do have other options (i.e cable, dsl, fios, etc) and you got hughes – then you are an idiot =(
monicakm
join:2005-03-12
Grand Saline, TX

monicakm

My download speeds have been going down since last Fall. It's been in the single digits for months! Every time I call ts, they say "it's you, not us". I've complained bitterly. They've given me large discount for the next 12 months. Looks like $30 off for 12 months, but I'd much rather have the browsing and download speeds I'm paying for! The BBB is on my "to do" list this next week.
ricky_005
united state

ricky_005

Same here also monicakm .... let us all know what steps you've taken, and what response you received if any.

I to, am ready to take action ... just not sure which route to take yet.
monicakm
Grand Saline, TX

monicakm

I've contacted the BBB once before Ricky. It's the one thing that got their (Hughesnet) attention. After that I had a contact in the president's office and was able to get some results that way too. Not sure if she is still there but this is who has helped in the past.
ecole at executivecustomercare@huges.net.
I've been putting off contacting the BBB because of the lengthy and detailed information I need to convey, but, I just discovered a draft that I've already typed a couple months ago LOL Just add a couple of items and off it goes! Some people say they've never had any luck complaining to the BBB. I've contacted them concerning two companies and had success both times.
Monica
ricky_005
united state

1 edit

ricky_005

Maybe you should share the draft you have worked hard on for other who my not have the time to do so?

As for getting results ... I don't see how that's possible when they are still selling a service which is already over sold.

Best case scenario I could see is they would have to adjust the advertised claimed speeds down!
monicakm
Grand Saline, TX

monicakm

Ricky, I wouldn't have a problem with that at all, but, my letter is specific with detailed dates, experiences and conversations with ts.
As for results, I got 'em, but like they say, YMMV.
ricky_005
united state

ricky_005

Remove your info and create a new post and past it. Users can modify it to there situation. It would give users a starting point at less.

Ask that they share there modified version so others have a choice. I think you should do it.

Citizens need all the help they can get fighting the Corporations.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to monicakm

to monicakm
bbbdc@hughes.net
William.Smouse@hns.com

are two more contacts that solved my issues.
said by monicakm:

I've contacted the BBB once before Ricky. It's the one thing that got their (Hughesnet) attention. After that I had a contact in the president's office and was able to get some results that way too. Not sure if she is still there but this is who has helped in the past.
ecole at executivecustomercare@huges.net.
I've been putting off contacting the BBB because of the lengthy and detailed information I need to convey, but, I just discovered a draft that I've already typed a couple months ago LOL Just add a couple of items and off it goes! Some people say they've never had any luck complaining to the BBB. I've contacted them concerning two companies and had success both times.
Monica

pennyj
@direcway.com

pennyj to Zain

Anon

to Zain
Hughes net has been slow here. One minute it's fine, then slows right down. Very frustrating. cleaned out computer and is still slow.

Jager
@direcway.com

Jager to Zain

Anon

to Zain
Glad I found y'all I switched to Hnet 150M plan been getting around 250K fighting with them since I signed up April 2012. Today I called local phone Co. found out I can get ADSL only do not need a phone [Cell Phone is my phone] Internet only connection 3Mbps 39.99 @ mo. My next call will be to HN to cancel They did not provide the 1Mb speed required in contract so If they want a cancellation fee I'll see them in small claims with this site & a laptop. I feel for those who have no choice.