spc
uniqs

Montanero
@qwest.net

Montanero to wishdev

Anon

to wishdev

Re: Actiontec C1000A

When I talked to customer support they mentioned I'd be getting the Q1000. The C1000A is a more current model. I bought one today at Best Buy for 99.00. It's ADSL2 backward compatible so I installed it (Extremely Easy) and had it up and running in less than 15 minutes. It replaced a Netgear DGN3500 and so far the Actiontec is looking like a better performance replacement. The switch to VDSL2 should be transparent to me now. I'll post when that cutover happens next week.
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

You might have to do a hard reset on the modem so it can configure in VDSL2 mode. I got the Q1000 modem & used it while i had ADSL2. Once my line was converted over nothing came thru until I reset it & ran the initial setup for it again.

By the way, is there any type of screen that shows internet usage info?
said by Montanero :

When I talked to customer support they mentioned I'd be getting the Q1000. The C1000A is a more current model. I bought one today at Best Buy for 99.00. It's ADSL2 backward compatible so I installed it (Extremely Easy) and had it up and running in less than 15 minutes. It replaced a Netgear DGN3500 and so far the Actiontec is looking like a better performance replacement. The switch to VDSL2 should be transparent to me now. I'll post when that cutover happens next week.

Montanero
@qwest.net

Montanero

Anon

>>By the way, is there any type of screen that shows internet usage info?

If there is, I haven't found Internet usage other than KB up and down. There is a web activity log but it looks pretty rudimentary and less than useful. it also warns that performance will suffer if feature is enabled. I notice Best Buy has widely stocked this modem/router/switch now. So far I'm still liking the unit. Only one retrain in last two days.
Montanero

Montanero to Montanero

Anon

to Montanero
said by Montanero :

..... I'll post when that cutover happens next week.

Well they did the cutover to VDSL two days early and the Actiontec C1000A automagically reconfigured itself. Didn't even notice a drop in the line. So far so good, a huge step up from their horrible ADSL2 1.5mb service. I'm getting about 11.5mb up and 800K down.

I'm impressed by the performance of the C1000A. Recommended.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

Not to jinx you, but it looks good so far.