uniqs
share rss forum feed

Weirdal
Premium
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE
kudos:21
reply to Mele20

Re: Instant Messages how to keep a bunch all at once?

I still don't know what the point of "keeping" a message is. I've got all my PMs since 2004 (the year of the great PM purge) and I've never explicitly kept any of them. The only thing I notice is that system messages disappear automatically so I make sure to keep those when I want to save them. I guess its just a way of bookmarking them?
--
»[Info] The DSLR Orangeface extension 2.0!

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
I usually don't put them in the Kept folder either but, yes, this was to bookmark them because the member hasn't been at the site in over a week and I thought the member might not come back. (Only has a few posts here). I had almost forgotten the member's name (getting older is so much fun) and the messages were from over two months ago so they didn't show on IM history tab. I just thought it would be a good idea to put them in the Kept folder.

I guess I can just put one in the Kept folder since I don't know how (or if it is even possible) to put all in the kept folder at one time. Seeing just one there would enable me to find the others.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson