« The looming threatIf people only knew »
This is a sub-selection from Shocking

covfam

join:2012-03-05
Black River Falls, WI

1 recommendation

reply to pnh102

Re: Shocking

you forgot the others like , metered billing is good for the environment,metered billing will thwart the rise of communism,and last but not least metered billing will prevent a global appocolypse :P

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 recommendation

And yet Verizon keeps winning despite the costs, bad billing, & so-so cust svc. And that is because coverage is king. Voice & data works nearly everywhere and that is the metric most people care about.
--
»www.mittromney.com/s/repeal-and-···bamacare
»www.mittromney.com/issues/health-care

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
At&t is Verizon without the coverage. As the gap between lte grows, and with the lte iphone 5, people will begin to see.

covfam

join:2012-03-05
Black River Falls, WI
reply to FFH5
its unfortunate, ive been a US cellular customer for years, but where i live and most of the 100 mile radius i spend most of my time coverage has gone to crap. where i used to consistantly get 3g data and good voice most everywhere in that radius, now we spend most of our time in the area completly without any data connection at all and our constant 85-90DBM signal strength is now -101-104 and we drop connections consantly, Tmobile and AT&T only covers a single small city an hour away otherwise most most of western wisconsin is not covered the moment you get off the interstate, sprint only covered the interstate running through our town. on the otherhand verizon covers most of wisconsin not just milwaukee,madison,& greenbay wich most the other carriers cover. IF sprint had decent coverage in western wisconsin id be with them in a heartbeat i dont need LTE 3g is fine for dloading/running apps like slacker

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by covfam:

and our constant 85-90DBM signal strength is now -101-104 and we drop connections consantly,

That sounds to me like something changed with the towers. If my signal strength was that low, I wouldn't be able to do anything either. I currently have "2 bars" on my HTC Incredible 2, and -85dbm. -104 is terrible.

mmay149q
Premium
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX
kudos:48
reply to Metatron2008
said by Metatron2008:

At&t is Verizon without the coverage. As the gap between lte grows, and with the lte iphone 5, people will begin to see.

Lol I doubt that AT&T will even be ready for the LTE iPhone, just like they weren't ready for the original iPhone, they'll complain about too many people using data and blah blah blah.

Matt
--
I am no longer an AT&T Employee. Check out my kudos! »/profile/1626573
Have U-verse questions? Please email uversecare@att.com and they will assist you!!

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to covfam
Did you change phones? Maybe the radio is fritzing out.

HD_Ride
Premium
join:2000-10-18
Jerseyastan
reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

And yet Verizon keeps winning despite the costs, bad billing, & so-so cust svc. And that is because coverage is king. Voice & data works nearly everywhere and that is the metric most people care about.

Put it this way, if you purchased VZ at $36 a share and if you still have while it is trading at $45 would you really care about poor customer service? I think not, they are doing something right

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by HD_Ride:

said by FFH5:

Put it this way, if you purchased VZ at $36 a share and if you still have while it is trading at $45 would you really care about poor customer service? I think not, they are doing something right

I did exactly that, and I'm thinking of dumping it soon. Notice that recently Sprint has gone up 50% or so. I'm thinking that in a quarter or so, Verizon's churn rate will jump because of the ridiculous increases. And many of those customers will be moving to Sprint.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to HD_Ride
My cost basis is less than $31.75 (much less if you factor in my distributions) and I care about customer service because I am a customer. Having said that, I've only needed to call customer service twice in 7+ years of being a VZW.

HD_Ride
Premium
join:2000-10-18
Jerseyastan
said by openbox9:

My cost basis is less than $31.75 (much less if you factor in my distributions) and I care about customer service because I am a customer. Having said that, I've only needed to call customer service twice in 7+ years of being a VZW.

Over the years I’ve found the technology and services have been great but customer service & billing has always sucked. Aside from that the point is Love 'Em or Hate 'Em, VZ is a Blue Chip company. We have been VZ customers since it changed from NJ Bell to VZ so we have you by a few years. Our experience has been if you don’t have any problems or never need to make changes things are great but if you have problems and have to deal with customer service or billing it could make for a long day, or days....
Expand your moderator at work