uniqs
share rss forum feed

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to krock83

Re: [HELP] Router BAckups

Da Geek Kid, can you give me the name and # of your sales rep for Cascades... I think I may want to drop it over
the heads of a few people at work the next time they scream "network problem."

And I'm firmly in the "I am doing my job here, the rest of you are just dead weight" category...

Regards

aryoba
Premium,MVM
join:2002-08-22
kudos:4
HELLFIRE See Profile, you may also want to consider OPNET »www.opnet.com/ and look for appropriate solution. I've heard OPNET is better than Cascades in regards of expectation and performance. Just to throw another alternative

HELLFIRE
Premium
Heard of it, love to learn it, unfortunately it's considered a "performance testing" tool rather than a troubleshooting
tool by TPTB, so whenever the client inevitably screams "network issue" they ALWAYS say "get sniffers set up" -- just
because us break/fix guys are easier to beat up.

Regards

Da Geek Kid

join:2003-10-11
::1
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to aryoba
Opnet is bloatware... Cascades family suite with Shark Appliance yup that's wireshark all you folks use appliance is far more cost efficient and more network detailed. Opnet is for net mgmt centers and not tier 3 network engineers...

aryoba
Premium,MVM
join:2002-08-22
kudos:4
reply to HELLFIRE
said by HELLFIRE:

Heard of it, love to learn it, unfortunately it's considered a "performance testing" tool rather than a troubleshooting
tool by TPTB, so whenever the client inevitably screams "network issue" they ALWAYS say "get sniffers set up" -- just
because us break/fix guys are easier to beat up.

Regards

Sounds like your boss needs some education. Hopefully some senior engineer with enough string pull is able to deliver the education

HELLFIRE
Premium
@aryoba
We're outsourced technical help while the "engineering" / implementation side of things remained inhouse -- for which
I can see the pros and cons of this -- and they CLAIM "knowledge transfer sessions" on a bunch of technologies they
want us to support for them.

...I've learned to live with it the last 5 years of my life

Regards