LOL »
This is a sub-selection from AT&T grandfathered unlimited
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks to Majestik

to Majestik

Re: AT&T grandfathered unlimited

Verizon's approach is superior I think. All they do is use a mathematical formula that assigns fewer forward-link time-slots to heavy unlimited users. If nobody else needs them you can consume every single forward-link time-slot on the cell-site/channel that you're connected to.

I've noticed occasional slowdowns to dial up speeds (30-50kbit/s) lasting anywhere from 15 seconds to two minutes. I can only presume this is a consequence of other users downloading large files/loading webpages. It hasn't impacted my service because the slowdowns are so brief and most of my data usage comes from Pandora. Pandora helpfully buffers the whole song ahead of time and rarely has problems with temporary network slowdowns. My usual 3G speeds are in the 800kbit/s to 1.5mbit/s range, so I'm quite happy with my service.

My data usage is in the 10/mo to 12GB/mo range right now.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

1 edit

Majestik

Premium Member

I was prepared to leave them and go to a more cheaper basic phone with another service. But got busy and forgot. Didnt read my text messages. Realized I was 2 months into throttling and didn't know it because nothing changed.
Once I paid more attention I noticed that it takes around 20 seconds longer for slingplayer to begin streaming.

I use somewhere between 4 and 5gig per month. Less lately because I've been listening to audiobooks.
It's good to not worry about being cut off,charged extra fees,or non usable.
LOL »
This is a sub-selection from AT&T grandfathered unlimited