spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

saul

@muskokalakesintl.com

[TekTalk] Change number of rings / duration before voicemail kic

I wonder if this is still an outstanding issue? I've searched the forums but all I've found are comments from TekSavvy that "this is being worked on".

This is more than an annoyance now. We find that now we barely (if ever) use the tektalk line because 9 out of 10 times we won't reach it before voicemail kicks in -- our friends and family have learned not to call us on that line and only call our mobile numbers.

Which makes me think: why am I even paying for this service anyway? I really hope I'm wrong and someone will come in and say "this is fixed to enable it just do this..." As it is right now I feel I got duped into paying for a service we rarely use plus the voip hardware.

And before anyone says "well just cancel it" that's not the point now is it? A certain level of quality is expected. The service itself is pretty good, voice quality is not bad, the price is right. I want to keep the service but something really needs to be done about the number of rings. I can't believe this has been outstanding for so long.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

Re: [TekTalk] Change number of rings / duration before voicemail

You can change the ring time before VM picks up via the following steps.

1. Go to »tektalk.teksavvy.com/portal/
2. Log in
3. Go to Settings
4. Choose Messages
5. Change the # in the "Incoming calls are forwarded to voicemail after" box.
6. Apply settings.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

HDawg

@teksavvy.com
I don't have that option. All I see are:
General

Enable live screening
Forward messages as emails
add an email address
Leave original in Inbox

Mailbox Access

Skip PIN
Fast Login
Auto-play voicemail
Voicemail playback

Voicemail Greeting
Use the greeting:

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC
kudos:7
We're in the middle of increasing the default to something a little more sensible. I believe the default at the moment is set to 25 seconds... we are changing it to 36.

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast

join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON
kudos:4
reply to saul
The "Incoming calls are forwarded to voicemail after" option will only show up if your portal is set to Advanced on TekSavvy's side. You need to have them change that first before you'll even see that option in your TekTalk portal.