uniqs

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to NetFixer

Premium Member

to NetFixer

Re: Enforcement of the 250 GB data consumption is suspended.

said by NetFixer:

said by Alcohol:

Looks like they made some changes this month. Now they show how much you've used but they don't tell you out of how much. Not even a percentage.

Out of how much what? A percentage of what?

Are you expecting to see Comcast'e estimate of how much you could possibly download if (like some user who post here) you are trying to download the entire Internet?

Uhh. What are you talking about? They changed the way the graph looks and the information it shows.

All you have to do is look at how it was previously (up until yesterday).

Here's a screenshot from above to make it easy for you to see the difference

»/r0/do ··· tled.png

Do you see it now or do i have to put big arrows?

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Ok, I have to ask Alcohol See Profile.....the 2nd picture that you posted shows that you have used 31 GB for August. According to the time stamp on your post (13:03), that was about 41 minutes ago.

Based on your location, you are an hour ahead of me. So, August is only 14 hours and 46 minutes old for you (going from Midnight).

What could you have done in under 15 hours to have used 31 GB!?!?!?!

--Brian
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts

Assuming you're asking to make a point and not just because you're curious, I don't see how that's any of your concern.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Well, it does not have to be specific files, just general info would be good.

Like they could come back and say "On the 1st of the month I update my cloud backup, which is 31 gb in size", and I would be "Ok thanks".

It just shocked me is all to see that much used when August is not even 24 hours old yet.

--Brian

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

said by NetFixer:

said by Alcohol:

Looks like they made some changes this month. Now they show how much you've used but they don't tell you out of how much. Not even a percentage.

Out of how much what? A percentage of what?

Are you expecting to see Comcast'e estimate of how much you could possibly download if (like some user who post here) you are trying to download the entire Internet?

Uhh. What are you talking about? They changed the way the graph looks and the information it shows.

All you have to do is look at how it was previously (up until yesterday).

Here's a screenshot from above to make it easy for you to see the difference

[charts not displayed in this quote]

Do you see it now or do i have to put big arrows?

Since your profile does not identify you as being a resident of the Nashville, TN area (the only location to currently have a bandwidth cap), what percentage of no bandwidth cap do you expect to see displayed on the Comcast usage chart?

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol to plencnerb

Premium Member

to plencnerb
said by plencnerb:

Ok, I have to ask Alcohol See Profile.....the 2nd picture that you posted shows that you have used 31 GB for August. According to the time stamp on your post (13:03), that was about 41 minutes ago.

Based on your location, you are an hour ahead of me. So, August is only 14 hours and 46 minutes old for you (going from Midnight).

What could you have done in under 15 hours to have used 31 GB!?!?!?!

--Brian

Uploaded wedding pics to skydrive (overnight). It was 24GB of professional photos. Also streamed 2 netflix movies last night which i guess was considered August.
Alcohol

1 edit

Alcohol to NetFixer

Premium Member

to NetFixer
said by NetFixer:

Since your profile does not identify you as being a resident of the Nashville, TN area (the only location to currently have a bandwidth cap), what percentage of no bandwidth cap do you expect to see displayed on the Comcast usage chart?

There is a bar that shows 31GB being certain percent full. There is no indication of how much the full bar is as there is no percent or total given.
Comcast isn't enforcing the 250GB limit right now because they're working on increasing it to 300GB or something similar. There is another thread where the comcast VIP made it official (along with comcast blog). I suggest you read that if you're still confused.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Alcohol:

said by NetFixer:

Not sure if trolling or just confused, but there is a bar that shows 31GB being certain percent full. There is no indication of how much the full bar is as there is no percent or total given.
Comcast isn't enforcing the 250GB limit right now because they're working on increasing it to 300GB or something similar. There is another thread where the comcast VIP made it official (along with comcast blog). I suggest you read that if you're still confused.

One of us is certainly confused.

Here is a repost of the usage chart you put in your original post:

Your original posted image

If you see any see any bar that shows 31GB being certain percent full I would appreciate you highlighting it and reposting that image in order to enlighten me on what I am not seeing.

And FYI, my reference to Nashville, TN and the bandwidth cap is because Comcast is indeed enforcing the bandwidth cap around here. From this site's front page: »Comcast Offers Details On New Cap in Nashville [148] comments

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

1 recommendation

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by NetFixer:

said by Alcohol:

said by NetFixer:

Not sure if trolling or just confused, but there is a bar that shows 31GB being certain percent full. There is no indication of how much the full bar is as there is no percent or total given.

One of us is certainly confused.

Here is a repost of the usage chart you put in your original post:

If you see any see any bar that shows 31GB being certain percent full I would appreciate you highlighting it and reposting that image in order to enlighten me on what I am not seeing.

And FYI, my reference to Nashville, TN and the bandwidth cap is because Comcast is indeed enforcing the bandwidth cap around here. From this site's front page: »Comcast Offers Details On New Cap in Nashville [148] comments

Hope this helps

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Alcohol:

Hope this helps [att=1]

Nope, nowhere in either the original or your annotated image do I see any reference to a percentage of anything. Exactly how do you expect to see Comcast display your usage as a percentage of infinity?
Expand your moderator at work