Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

knowble

join:2012-07-30
Newport News, VA
reply to Immer

Re: DSLR guild (Silvermoon) is now level 23

You all looking for a Paladin Tank? I might even be able to convince my friend to transfer is Hunter. We are both Cata-Raid qualed right now... just looking for a good guild to join. I used to be in an awesome guild but all those people are long gone, and I miss being able to play with people you know (well, know better than "hey want to join my guild?!??! PHAT LEWTS!!!).

Since I will be spending a lot of time on these forums (it is the only one I can veiw at work), it would be cool to join the site's guild.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by knowble:

it would be cool to join the sites guild.

for the record, it's not the site's guild, it's a guild of people who like the site. No official endorsement... but I'd join them if I wasn't running a guild of my own.

knowble

Newport News, VA
I understand that - so it is a bunch of people like me who love this site because WebSense doesn't block it

Mr Fel
Premium
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY
reply to Immer
You can always come over and visit.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to knowble
said by knowble:

I understand that - so it is a bunch of people like me who love this site because WebSense doesn't block it

I wouldn't get carried away with the love stuff

knowble

Newport News, VA
reply to Mr Fel
I logged on to Silvermoon last night...

/who DSLR

Bam!!! A bunch of people on.

My friend an I talked and are thinking about doing it, if you would have us.

85 Paladin Tank (Haesh, Ghostlands)
85 Orc Hunter (Wolig, Ghostlands)

We just started back up (played since vanillia) a motnh ago. Geared up decently and now we are prepping for MoP.

Happy Thursday, people!

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Unless something has changed you should be able to send a whisper to anyone in the guild and they can invite you in or at least tell someone who can.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
said by kingdome74:

Unless something has changed you should be able to send a whisper to anyone in the guild and they can invite you in or at least tell someone who can.

looks like they'll need to xfer and faction change first.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

1 edit
reply to knowble
said by knowble:

You all looking for a Paladin Tank? I might even be able to convince my friend to transfer is Hunter. We are both Cata-Raid qualed right now... just looking for a good guild to join. I used to be in an awesome guild but all those people are long gone, and I miss being able to play with people you know (well, know better than "hey want to join my guild?!??! PHAT LEWTS!!!).

Since I will be spending a lot of time on these forums (it is the only one I can veiw at work), it would be cool to join the site's guild.

If you would like to join, just let me know which toons you brought in. We'll be happy to help. Spacedoctor (who is from the west coast) is our raid officer. After you join, let him know you are ready, and he will work to set up a raid.

This week, I'm finishing off a priest to 85, so from my family we can have 5 toons raid ready. My wife started an account, and has a level 47 hunter, but is still a bit of a learner. I started a disc priest last Thursday (or maybe it was Wednesday night about a week ago) and it's currently level 68.

I expect by this coming Wednesday it'll be 85, and able to enter a raid. My wife will be driving it, so her dps won't be great, the toon will enter as a shadow priest. It's a filler toon, to be a guild 8th as needed, just to assure the run counts for guild xp.

If you have a toon or two that can do real dps, that'd be fantastic.

We are about about 20% or so to level 24. Once my wifes priest is 85 and geared, I'll return to the dailies in the molten front with about 4 or 5 toons, from myself and the 3 kids, that usually adds close to 10% toward a guild level per day. My 85 priest, is bringing 3 of the kids toons along for the ride to 85, 2 warriors and a rogue.

They may not be raid ready, but will be able to help with guild xp in tol barad or the molten front, or just running the various cata quest lines.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
don't forget to throw down a guild banner for the boss kills, it says it boosts Rep and Xp so it should be helpfull to you

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31

1 recommendation

reply to pandora
said by pandora:

I expect by this coming Wednesday it'll be 85, and able to enter a raid. My wife will be driving it, so her dps won't be great, the toon will enter as a shadow priest. It's a filler toon, to be a guild 8th as needed, just to assure the run counts for guild xp.

Go to www.shadowpriest.com and look for Squinky's macro. You'll need an app that extends your normal macro screen, then you can literally copy and paste the DPS macro you find there. All your wife will need to do is come in, press 1 button repeatedly and get an idea of what the fight looks like. She's not going to get tremendous DPS from the macro, but it's a great tool to learn a bit of the rotation and could help her feel like she's contributing!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by bpoff17:

All your wife will need to do is come in, press 1 button repeatedly and get an idea of what the fight looks like. She's not going to get tremendous DPS from the macro, but it's a great tool to learn a bit of the rotation and could help her feel like she's contributing!

Or, if she'd find that somewhat insulting, get an addon like TellMeWhen that will alert her what she should do next, but then she still has to hit the button.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

knowble

Newport News, VA
reply to pandora
I just got my mage to 81, I plan to have him to 85 soon. So... I could bring my tank and mage, but I'd have to think about it. money is tight!

If I could only bring one, which would you rather have?

Mr Fel
Premium
Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 edit
I would say Tank, but I'd wait to hear a response from pandora See Profile.

Edit: After reading his response, I'm glad I said to wait.

knowble

Newport News, VA
Alright, sounds good.

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to knowble
said by knowble:

I just got my mage to 81, I plan to have him to 85 soon. So... I could bring my tank and mage, but I'd have to think about it. money is tight!

If I could only bring one, which would you rather have?

Gald you asked. We have 3 death knight tanks (my son's Devlen, Fel's DK tank, and mine who is also the GM ... Vyle), plus a very well geared warrior tank (teajay), my daughter's druid (druidistic) can off tank. So that's 5 or tanks. My daughter can feral cat dps or bear off tank almost instantly We have, 2 very good healers, velnia is a druid healer, and my healer is reincarnated. I don't bother to queue as a tank, as there are too many.

We have two 2 well geared mage dps, 1 reasonably geared warlock dps, and 1 rogue dps.

If anything a dps would probably be of greater use to the guild than a tank.

Warrior Teajay handles main tanking, and if anything a bit too fast for my taste, but he is wickedly good. Our raid guide is spacedoctor who is a well geared shadow priest.

I'm in the process of leveling a priest for my wife to run with us (staffnurse) and the kids are leveling with her, 2 warriors (that can dps or tank) and a rogue. All are currently between level 75 and 76. My leveling of staff nurse is taking an extra week to help bring the 3 kids along.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

knowble

Newport News, VA

1 recommendation

Well, shoot, with MoP coming out soon I could bring both over. It doesn't sound like you have any paladins, or you just didn't mention them. I can either heal or DPS; I used to heal all the time on him up until Cata... I sort of miss it : /

Anyways, I'll hop on Silvermoon one day soon and try to message you.

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
said by knowble:

Well, shoot, with MoP coming out soon I could bring both over. It doesn't sound like you have any paladins, or you just didn't mention them. I can either heal or DPS; I used to heal all the time on him up until Cata... I sort of miss it : /

Anyways, I'll hop on Silvermoon one day soon and try to message you.

My alt healer is a Paladin (riteaid), but another Pally healer / dps would we welcome. We have a lot of deathknights, and my kids will add 2 warriors. I feel more comfortable healing on my shaman than my pally, though either work well in a heroic dungeon, just my pally is slightly better (for me, everyone plays a class slightly differently).

Right now, for our guild run (scheduled for this evening), we have reincarnated (shaman healer), velnia (druid healer), sassorii (mage dps), zaknel (warlock dps), paradiggm (mage dps), druidistic (druid dps / off tank). Main tank teajay was listed as tenative. I have yet to get staffnurse to 85 or sufficiently equipped to run with us.

Fel, kerriganczero and wapu may not be able to run. So that's 6 confirmed and 1 tentative. If we don't have 8, some will run a non-guild pug, but most will not run. We had this happen last week, only had 6 out of the 8 we needed for a guild run.

Several players who do play regularly are concerned about not being good enough to raid, but our raid leader is very very patient and explains things very clearly.

We are about 2 regularly available players short of being able to do at least guild run per week. I'm working on creating a shadow priest for my wife who will regularly be able to be our 8th (dps won't be great, but at least it'll be a guild run). So after next week, we'll need 1 player available sometime during the week for a 2 to 3 hour raid. Sundays are out due to some of our core players having other business to manage on that day.
--

knowble

Newport News, VA
Are most of the players in the guild active on the site? Or is it just a few with some people met on the realm?

Mr Fel
Premium
Louisville, KY
As of right now it's the second one, if you had asked about two years ago it would have been the other way around.
--
Change the scheme, alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

2 edits
reply to knowble
There are about 10-12 players who are on daily and raid capable. Only 6 or so of them are reliable for raids at this time. I'm working on another toon for my wife, which will give us 7 reliable raiders.

We have several players who come on and off in spurts, but aren't really active with the guild in terms of chat or anything.

--

pandora
Premium
Outland
reply to knowble
We got 8 tonight. Looks like we'll be raiding.

knowble

Newport News, VA
Tell me how it went! Sorry, I was in class last night and couldnt make time to log. Hope you all did good!

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
We waited an hour and 15 minutes for a confirmed player, who didn't show. Then ran with 7, and 3 we picked up from looking for group stormwind. I called it after a couple of hours and 2 wipes on Deathwings spine.

We are scheduled to try again this next Wednesday at 5 PM server time, 8 PM eastern time.
--