spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Omni
join:2001-12-03
Iowa

Omni to RyanThaDude

to RyanThaDude

Re: Mediacom now charging for bandwidth?

Welp, I'm switching ISPs.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

I'm on the verge of this as well (though i'm stuck with TV as I don't want to mess with a contract nor an installation)

Omni
join:2001-12-03
Iowa

Omni

The interesting thing is, I'm getting ready to move. I was getting ready to recommend we stick with Mediacom to my roommate, but the fact of the matter is, I don't have to put up with their bullshit anymore. The local telephone Coop ran fiber all over the city, and they're going to be offering speeds higher than Mediacom can reach, for less, WITH TV that actually is pretty fucking decent.

Oh, and no cap. No overage.

I'm done with Mediacom. Period.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

said by Omni:

The interesting thing is, I'm getting ready to move. I was getting ready to recommend we stick with Mediacom to my roommate, but the fact of the matter is, I don't have to put up with their bullshit anymore. The local telephone Coop ran fiber all over the city, and they're going to be offering speeds higher than Mediacom can reach, for less, WITH TV that actually is pretty fucking decent.

Oh, and no cap. No overage.

I'm done with Mediacom. Period.

Curious, what co-op? The co-op nearest me is running fiber too. I've heard of several people switching from Mediacom to them. Not necessarily because of the caps, though it is safe to say that probably made an impact on their decision.
nicheplayer
join:2008-02-15
Iowa City, IA

nicheplayer to RyanThaDude

to RyanThaDude
Whew. Just cut the cord on my cable TV but not my HSI. I've been a MCHSI subscriber here in IC since before the service was officially announced.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to IowaMan

Premium Member

to IowaMan
UNLESS YOU MADE CHANGES AFTER 08/01/2012 the cap will be set at 250 GB but it will NOT be enforced. So anyone with Internet service started before 08/01/2012 will not have to deal with overage charges and will see the 250 GB on their meter.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

said by Anonymous88:

UNLESS YOU MADE CHANGES AFTER 08/01/2012 the cap will be set at 250 GB but it will NOT be enforced. So anyone with Internet service started before 08/01/2012 will not have to deal with overage charges and will see the 250 GB on their meter.

So, they're only ripping off "new" customers.

stockiepoo
@mchsi.com

stockiepoo to RyanThaDude

Anon

to RyanThaDude
as a single guy I used only 11GB this month, and I browse the net and youtube fairly often. However I no longer pirate, and don't watch much streaming content. I'll keep the service until I have problems hitting the caps, then I'll stop.

Or if mediacom charges too much, I know they tack on a $15 fee when you don't have cable. With time warner my father pays only $30 for his internet, I don't think getting it that cheap is possible with mediacom.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970 to SimbaSeven

to SimbaSeven
I'm just glad I'm an old customer