MUT308
Premium Member
join:2001-02-07
Kansas City, MO

MUT308 to bTU

Premium Member

to bTU

Re: [New 85] Enh Shaman PvP axe help!

Thanks, folks! I was told by a friend to first get two set pieces of S11 for the +400 res two piece bonus (I went with hands first, will do shoulders next, as they are both the cheapest at 1650 honor points each). So while I'm grinding honor to get my shoulders, I'll also be going for that 378 agility axe.

Once I have my first two set pieces and that axe, what should I do? Complete the 5 piece set, then go for the other armor items (rings, trinkets, etc.)?

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU

Just remember, the crafted blue pvp set has a bonus too, it won't stack with the honor point gear, but it has them. There is also blue crafted rings, neck and cloak to get. You'll want your PVP trinket from the honor vendor ASAP.

MUT308
Premium Member
Kansas City, MO

MUT308

Premium Member

Okay, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the order of need to do:

1. Grind honor while doing all of the below.
2. Get PvP trinket.
3. Get good axes (options include Ruthless Gladiator's Cleaver (axe), Tankard O' Terror, No'Kaled (Dragon Soul raid), Trickster's Edge (Well of Eternity)).
4. Get PvP relic (Ruthless Gladiator's Relic of Triumph).
3. Get crafted blue PvP gear if I have the gold.
4. Finish my purple Ruthless Gladiator 5 piece set.
5. Get the rest of the purple Ruthless Gladiator PvP armor.

Thanks! I think I understand this now!

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14

dont forget you can turn justice points into honor points... these count toward your season total, will help burn down the 7800 honor point requirement for the pvp axes.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to MUT308

Premium Member

to MUT308
Doesn't have to be an Axe.

Slow Maces, and Slow Fist weapons are good too.

MUT308
Premium Member
Kansas City, MO

MUT308

Premium Member

I'm an Orc, so I'd like to go with axes for "Expertise with Axes, Two-Handed Axes and Fist Weapons increased by 3."

Well I just looked that up, and didn't realize I get the bonus for fist weapons too! Nice, I like having options.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Using your racial to pick your weapons will never be beneficial unless comparing two completely equal weapons.

Your priorities are backwards, reconsider.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to MUT308

to MUT308
If I were you this is what I would do.

1: Buy full set of ilvl377 Vicious PvP gear (crafted kind)

2: Spend your first 1650 Honor on PvP trinket

3: Grind WoE for Trickster's Edge and LFR for No'Kaled x2.

4: Convert all your Justice/Valor points to Honor/Conquest to buy PvP gear (gloves shoulders first).

5: Ensure you are running BH weekly

6: Be prepared to get wtfpwned A LOT while grinding Honor. And when I say A LOT, I mean A LOT.

I am nowhere near a god on my Enh Shaman (LFR No'Kaled x2 and 4.5k Resilience), but it isn't out of the ordinary for me to lead a BG in KBs AND deaths. A usual line for me soloing BGs is 2.5 mil dmg, 15-20 KBs and 8-10 deaths.

If Enhancement wasn't so much damn fun, I would forget about it completely for PvP. The rotation and playstyle make up for it's overall lack of defensive cooldowns and lack of a gap closer.

I'm probably over exagerating, but Shamanistic Rage is the only defensive cooldown that's use can be prevented with Silence...and after that we just have glyphed Stoneclaw Totem for defense. (YIKES!) We don't have a REAL dps cooldown either...as Spirit Wolves are more use as utility than pure burst DPS.

But I have to admit, it is really fun globaling a Warlock/Mage/Rogue with some lucky No'Kaled and Windfury procs.

At least we have PvE to hang our hats on.