All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
levander
join:2009-09-17
Marietta, GA

levander

Can I get out of contract if service has problems?

I'm looking at getting new U-Verse service at my house. The promotions I'm looking at, they want a 12 month contract. But what if I keep getting shoddy service at my house? Is there a way to get out of the contract?

You look at this forum, and some people definitely have problems. Don't want to pay for 12 months if AT&T can't deliver a decent service.

How tricky is the procedure to cancel if you get fed up with AT&T giving you shoddy service?

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

OOPs double post hickup
Hayward0

Hayward0 to levander

Premium Member

to levander
Without looking up the contract, in most states you have like at least 7-30 days to decide what its worth from time service supplied, not ordered.

Best bet call and ask them.
tkdslr
join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL

tkdslr to levander

to levander
Most people don't prepare for this.. Make a log/evidence chain for a possible court appearance.

Document the problems in a short video..
Call at&t service and ask them to repair service.
After repair .. make a duplicate video.. Before/after..

Call repair again..
Make another video.. after repair.

do it another time..
Make video..

Cancel service,
make video of you returning the equip.. read out the serial #'s on video..

Now you're prepared to face off with at&t in small claims court if need be.
mdv921
join:2008-06-26

mdv921 to levander

to levander
I imagine every day AT&T has hordes of people cancelling service before the end of the contract, or just simply refusing to pay for it anymore or skipping town. I can't imagine them spending much (or any) time going to small claims court. If they wanted to pursue it they'd just get a collection agency on your back.