spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

levander

join:2009-09-17
Marietta, GA

Can I get out of contract if service has problems?

I'm looking at getting new U-Verse service at my house. The promotions I'm looking at, they want a 12 month contract. But what if I keep getting shoddy service at my house? Is there a way to get out of the contract?

You look at this forum, and some people definitely have problems. Don't want to pay for 12 months if AT&T can't deliver a decent service.

How tricky is the procedure to cancel if you get fed up with AT&T giving you shoddy service?

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
OOPs double post hickup

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
reply to levander
Without looking up the contract, in most states you have like at least 7-30 days to decide what its worth from time service supplied, not ordered.

Best bet call and ask them.
--

tkdslr

join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
reply to levander
Most people don't prepare for this.. Make a log/evidence chain for a possible court appearance.

Document the problems in a short video..
Call at&t service and ask them to repair service.
After repair .. make a duplicate video.. Before/after..

Call repair again..
Make another video.. after repair.

do it another time..
Make video..

Cancel service,
make video of you returning the equip.. read out the serial #'s on video..

Now you're prepared to face off with at&t in small claims court if need be.

mdv921

join:2008-06-26
reply to levander
I imagine every day AT&T has hordes of people cancelling service before the end of the contract, or just simply refusing to pay for it anymore or skipping town. I can't imagine them spending much (or any) time going to small claims court. If they wanted to pursue it they'd just get a collection agency on your back.