how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Aranarth

join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI
reply to iknow

Re: Do Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps cool equally well?

We are talking about direct injection.
That is the system is an open loop but the end of the loop is back in the ground at the same depth it was taken from. This can be bad if the water is contaminated on the through the loop.

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
reply to leibold

I was the guy who brought up the injection of water taken from an aquifer back into the same aquifer, albeit a bit warmer. Those are good enough reasons to not allow that.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
reply to laserfan

The bottom line is both work well in moderate temperatures. The heat pump will not work well when the temperature is -80F.

I was in a house with a heat pump one sunny winter day when it was near 10F. It was not a warm or fuzzy experience.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom

1 edit

said by linicx:

The bottom line is both work well in moderate temperatures. The heat pump will not work well when the temperature is -80F.

I was in a house with a heat pump one sunny winter day when it was near 10F. It was not a warm or fuzzy experience.

Really? I'm in my home when the temperature never gets that low and I'm warm and fuzzy.

United States....Virginia......Mathews County

**Super Premium**

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State

Really. I'm in my home when the wind chill is a minus 80F and I'm warm and fuzzy. I don't have a heat pump.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom

1 edit

I'm in my area where the temperature never gets that low, I'm kept warm and fuzzy in my home by my heat pump. Wind chill has no effect on anything mechanical.

United States....Virginia......Mathews County

**Super Premium**

laserfan

join:2005-01-14
Texas
reply to linicx

said by linicx:

The heat pump will not work well when the temperature is -80F.

Hmmm -80F huh. So you must have been in Alaska last January when the all-time record was in jeopardy!

Heat pumps work poorly enough below freezing that I never run mine, at least not deliberately, below 35F. Heat strip time.

All forum members from Alaska with heat pumps please come forward.

solar

@dsl.net.au
reply to laserfan

Actually performs higher in heating mode but no less in cooling compared to cool only sister model

Toaster

@dsl.net.au
reply to laserfan

Go Reverse be comfortable year round save energy save money
no negative simply takes heat outside or puts heat inside