spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TWD

@verizon.net

[DVR] Non-responsive DVR

Here's what it's doing. Seems to be working fine. Then I try to change a channel or some other function and nothing happens. Then 15 to 30 seconds later it responds. It's very annoying. Anyone else seeing this? Is it the DVR or the software?

Thanks

djoropallo

join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

My 7232 has been doing this lately, until it is on for about 5 minutes. Like it has to warm up or something.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:29
reply to TWD

What model DVR?

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2
reply to TWD

Suggest you perform an STB autocorrection from the STB Customer Support menu.

coolguy23

join:2008-09-10
Rowlett, TX
reply to TWD

my 7232 has been doing this as well. It just started about two weeks ago. I'll type 3 digits of a channel and i'll see those 3 digits on the dvr being displayed and then it pauses like it's waiting for the 4th digit... about 30 seconds later it finally responds. Pretty annoying.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to TWD

I used to have this problem on the 7232 but it seems to have gone away after the 1.9.1 IMG update. Do you guys turn off your DVR or is it always left on? Mine is always left on and I rarely seem to have this problem. A couple other things that may help:

- Disable interactive TV - sometimes the DVR is slow to load the interactive features on some channels

- Disable pop-ups

Both of these can be set in Menu > Settings

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

Even if you turn them off they are still on and buffering channels. The only difference is they display the screen saver instead of the live channel.

hubrisnxs

join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA
kudos:1

idk if it will work for you, but for me - I fixed it in the video settings,

menu>settings>video settings> SD OVERRIDE - I had to turn it off. If it's already off, then do 480i.

no other settings mattered on my box, it only got fixed when i did that.

TWD

@verizon.net

It's a 7232.

marhil0

join:2008-10-21
Exton, PA
reply to TWD

I also have been having problems with my 7232. Sometimes it hangs when changing channel and becomes unresponsive to all buttons for 20-30 seconds. Sometimes is hangs on channel 905 (HBO) when I'm channel surfing and the box display goes blank. Thought at first it could be the batteries in my remote. Put in new
batteries and still had the same problems. Thought the problem was only with my DVR but now see others reporting the same type of problem. This started about 2-3 weeks ago.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
reply to Mac973

Disabling interactive TV seemed to help. Even better, it got rid of the annoying little popups on CNN, Weather Channel, and even NBC Olympics Coverage.