The migration from H*ll...
I'll try to keep the back story to a minimum.
I've had DSL service from DSLExtreme at my residence for many years which, until recently, had been trouble free. I started experiencing spontaneous lack of connectivity about two months ago. After four weeks of frustration, never being able to talk directly to level two or level three support, I've given up on them.
About a month ago, I ordered DSL from Interlync. I've been using them at my business location successfully for a year. Any problems, which only occurred at the beginning of the contract, were professionally and speedily resolved.
I ordered the service from them on July 7th, 2012. It was supposed to be a relatively straight forward proposition. The existing service was supposed to be migrated from DSLExtreme to Interlync.
I even got an install confirmation date of the following Friday, July 13th, 2012. I haven't been superstitious in the past, but I'm starting to wonder.
The DSL service was disconnected around 11am. This was expected. What I also expected was that the new service would be restored by the close of business that day.
Needless to say, that was wishful thinking.
Interlync escalated the problem and we were told that the issue would be resolved by close of business, Monday, July 16th. That date has long since come and gone.
I've lost track of just how many dates have been missed by the local ILEC (AT&T). They don't seem to be able to communicate just what needs to be done so that the techs can complete the circuit.
About a week ago, they reconnected me to DSLExtreme, which would be wonderful, except that the speed is slower than dialup. The circuit appears symmetrical. It's running at 34KB/s. I used to regularly get 4,000KB/s down and 550KB/s up.
I don't see any way that this could be fixed. I believe that Interlync is doing all that they can to resolve the issue; it's just that there doesn't seem to be anything that they can do to get AT&T to clean up their act.