spc
Search similar:

uniqs

StuckAt32bit
@comcastbusiness.net

StuckAt32bit

Anon

Comcast Norton Internet Secuirty for Mac v5

When is Comcast going to come out with version 5 of Norton Internet Security for the Mac, as they came out with 6 for Windows a while ago? Version 5 is required to run correctly, without errors, in 64-bit mode of Mac OS. Both currently supported versions, 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion default to 64-bit mode and actions have to be taken to boot into 32-bit.

I've been using the 5.0 product on a 30-day trail from Norton and it's been doing a great job, but my time with it is just about up. I've seen some comments on Comcast's board by a retired Air Force person who doesn't know or understand anything about a Mac, but no word from anyone Comcast as to the cause of the delay. Just one comment from Symantec on their board that they hope to have things resolved by summer/fall posted several months ago.

Please, no comments on how terrible you think the software is, or how I should use something else. There was a time Norton products WERE terrible, but that time has passed and I don't want to pollute the thread with advice I won't find helpful. I use the software to recognize malware in incoming e-mail attachments so I can let people know they have a problem.

I'm interested in hearing from someone with answers, or kindred spirits commiserating. Thank you.

StuckAt32Bits

bdnhsv
join:2012-01-20
Huntsville, AL

bdnhsv

I'm in the same boat as you and have been wondering. Have asked a few times but gotten no clear cut answers. It'll be interesting to see what sort of feedback this thread will get.

StuckAt32bit
@comcastbusiness.net

StuckAt32bit

Anon

Looks like the answer is a whole lot of nothing. Even with this lack of action Comcast is still ahead of other companies in supporting Macs.