spc
Search similar:

uniqs
saguakid
join:2011-02-25
Miami Beach, FL

saguakid

[Northeast] Fios router doesn't let me log in

Hi,I recently updated my package to fios quantum 75/35,my wireless router roughly give me 50/35 then if I connect from the router direct to my computer the speeds are amazing 79/37..even higher than promised, so I decided to to log in to my router and make changes,once I tried many attempts verizon disable my log in for many attempts,then I googled and see that log in user name was admin and password was password,so I reset my router and tried to log in again..well the case now was that when I try to put the password once I type the first letter,automatically type many letters and continue to fail log in,next step,I called technical support and the guy even tried to place the password that came originally with the modem,he reboot the router,even log in in my computer and tried to copy and paste password and never let him in,so his solution was to send a new router since I can log in,well,I have also a timecapsule from apple as a router but the connection from my router still give me slow internet speed,I don't know why the router doesn't let me log in,but I would like to see if there's a way to connect my apple router from Verizon modem,to plug in the Ethernet cable from the modem,currently the only Ethernet that comes in Verizon modem doesn't let me get Internet ,the only way I can get Internet is connecting the Ethernet cable from the router.. I would like to know if there's a way to use my apple router time capsule connecting it from the modem not Verizon router,or if there's a solution to fix my log in,I don't think the router is broken that they need to send a new one,or is it anyway I could buy a better router to get the speeds that I'm suppose to get,the router has to be compatible to Verizon's modem
Thanks in advance

bhan261
join:2001-02-12
New York, NY

bhan261

I had trouble logging into my router when they first installed it. I found that using the In-Home Agent app let me get it and change the password to something easier than the one pre-printed on the router.

Also, when you manually enter the password, for some reason the display adds more dots than the number of characters you actually enter. Bizarre...but I guess it's some kind of attempt to obscure the actual number of characters for security purposes.
saguakid
Miami Beach, FL

saguakid

The in home app doesn't let me change anything,I found it really useless app,I tried many time with no luck

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to saguakid

MVM

to saguakid
said by saguakid:

I googled and see that log in user name was admin and password was password

Not true.
said by saguakid:

so I reset my router and tried to log in again..well the case now was that when I try to put the password once I type the first letter,automatically type many letters

That's a security feature. Just ignore the extra dots.
said by saguakid:

I called technical support and the guy even tried to place the password that came originally with the modem

It's a router, not a modem.
said by saguakid:

I would like to see if there's a way to connect my apple router from Verizon modem,to plug in the Ethernet cable from the modem

By modem, are you referring to connecting to the ONT or the VZ router?
said by saguakid:

I would like to know if there's a way to use my apple router time capsule connecting it from the modem not Verizon router

»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Do I have to use Verizon's router?
said by saguakid:

if there's a solution to fix my log in

Do a hard reset on the VZ router. When you connect to the router, you should see a screen to enter an initial user name and password. Enter your password (ignore the extra dots).
If you can't login after setting a new password, the router probably is bad.
saguakid
Miami Beach, FL

saguakid

I meant the Ont from Verizon instead of modem,the box that provides all service,doing a hard reset? How? I think I tried that on Verizon router,the technician even tried that ignoring all the extra dots and said the router was bad,but how can I connect my apple router to the ont?

More Fiber
MVM
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

said by saguakid:

I meant the Ont from Verizon instead of modem,the box that provides all service,doing a hard reset?

The ONT has no bearing on your password problem.
said by saguakid:

how can I connect my apple router to the ont?

»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Replacing the Actiontec (part 1): Coax to Ethernet

If you don't have FIOS-TV,
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Replacing the Actiontec (part 2): Internet only, no TV
If you have FIOS-TV, then
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Replacing the Actiontec (part 3): WAN-to-LAN keeps Guide and VOD (easier)

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to More Fiber

MVM

to More Fiber
said by More Fiber:

Do a hard reset on the VZ router. When you connect to the router, you should see a screen to enter an initial user name and password. Enter your password (ignore the extra dots).
If you can't login after setting a new password, the router probably is bad.

After a hard reset, the username is admin, and the password is the serial number beneath the barcode label on the router exterior. This is case sensitive, and a change from old firmware versions where the default password was indeed password.

Most folks are aware of the change. I thought I'd spell it out more clearly for the OP. Look for a number similar to the serial on my Rev.D: CSJD213700198.

More Fiber
MVM
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

said by birdfeedr:

After a hard reset, the username is admin, and the password is the serial number beneath the barcode label on the router exterior.

No. This is not the case.

On the first access to the router after a hard reset, you will be presented with a screen to enter a user name and password.
You can not access the router until you do so. There is no longer any default user name or password.